*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066534-D2-In-Your-Dreams
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313376
Wonderland 2024
#1066534 added March 18, 2024 at 10:22pm
Restrictions: None
D2 In Your Dreams


2. "In Your Dreams" – You discover you are nothing more than a figment of another person’s dream! What is this dream about and how did you get there in the first place? (Short story <1000 words or poetry < 31 lines)

I shut my eyes, curled up into a ball, nestled further into the down comforter and fluffy pillow. Sleep at last.

Soon I joined my brother in his car. We traveled over an old road near home. That bumpy, rutty road led to the cliffs near the river.
The old car bumped and jumped. We held onto the edges of the doors and windows.
“Aren’t you going a bit too fast?” I screamed. My words were swallowed by the wind racing through the open windows.

“Fast? You call this fast?” John sped up, kicking up more gravel heading toward the cliffs.

I wanted to close my eyes, certain death was ahead. But I wanted them open to see what was going to happen.

As we got closer, I just knew we were going to go over the cliffs. The car drove on to the cliffs. John kept a tight grip on the steering wheel, despite me trying to grab it and turn us around. We were almost to the cliffs. Then suddenly we were flying off them!

My eyes flew open. Heart pounding, I heard the phone ringing. It was John.

“Janeen, are you okay?” he shouted.

“Are you?” I screamed back to him.

“You were in my dream. I was scared that this was actually happening to you!”

“I thought the same thing.”

“Do you think this is that whole twin thing?” John believed in that phenomenon.

“You mean twin telepathy? If so, tell me before you have a creepy dream. I don’t want to fly off a cliff again.”

“I think it was your idea. You were the one who talked about it all afternoon. Of course I would dream about it tonight…”

We hung up. I went back to bed. I prayed the drama was done for tonight.

W/C 301



2023 Quill Finalist.

new signature 2021


2023 Quill Nominee.
Quill Finalist Logo 2022.
Quill Nominee Signature 2022

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066534-D2-In-Your-Dreams