*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067462-Only-Needed-Ninety
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1067462 added April 2, 2024 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
Only Needed Ninety
Only Needed Ninety


Ninety single sentences were all that I needed to finish my single-sentence Scene Outline for Part One of my Water Wars scriptwriting project. It wasn’t easy to get that many done in one day, but I did it. I even did a little bit more than ninety. Unfortunately, it wasn’t too many more.

I wasn’t sure how well it was going to be to cut down from one hundred and eighty to ninety scenes per script. Especially since it wasn’t half the scene numbers as it was compared to what it was for the one hundred and eighty scenes it used to be. What do I mean by that?

It means that when it was one hundred and eighty scenes per Part or Episode there were one hundred and twenty-six scenes for Chaad, Suuri, and Hoolle compared to the fifty-four scenes for Reen, Voonc, and Kiirra. That equals forty-two scenes for Chaad, Suuri, and Hoolle and eighteen scenes for Reen, Voonc, and Kiirra.

Now it’s kind of the opposite. There are fifty-four scenes for Chaad, Suuri, and Hoolle, or eighteen scenes each. Reen, Voonc, and Kiirra only have thirty-six scenes combined, or twelve scenes each now. Cutting Chaad, Suuri, and Hoolle down to three scenes per Act has been very hard to do. At least I thought that it would be.

Of course, it is still a probable problem. But it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. It used to be eight or nine scenes for Chaad, Suuri, and Hoolle per Act with the one hundred and eighty format. Now it’s down to three each. That’s about one-third instead of half.

It's not quite as bad for Reen, Voonc, and Kiirra. They were fifty-four scenes combined or eighteen scenes each. Now they are thirty-six scenes and twelve scenes each. Instead of two to four scenes per Act, they only have two scenes each per Act now. That’s a very big change too.

There has been a little bit of adjusting because of the two and three scenes per Act format. But it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. I expected there would be some problems and readjusting, but I thought it would be a lot worse than it was. At least it wasn’t for the Scene Outline for Part One of my Water Wars scriptwriting project.

The storylines are still the same as before. It’s how they have been written that makes the difference now. I could have continued with my single-paragraph Story and Scene Outlines. But I decided I would finish writing the single sentences first. Unfortunately, I only got the first half of the Act Breakdown for Part Two written today.







© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067462-Only-Needed-Ninety