*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067463
Rated: ASR · Book · Fantasy · #2303831
Legends, letters, recorded conversations, and journal entries of unknown origins.
#1067463 added May 17, 2024 at 5:20pm
Restrictions: None
Type: Log, Author: Unknown
Log 013, Subject 004



Dark vines drape over the rough surface like inverted arches. The stone - only visible near the center, the vines having worked inward - was less a solid thing than an abstract amalgamation of igneous and marble, a magnificent golden gem spreading from the center flowed through each crack like liquid fire, as if in imitation of blood through veins.

The face appears to be made of solid moss and vine, details and fractures smoothed out into vague divots that hint at features. It seemed to be screaming. The eyes, however, seem to be incomparably deeper than the other divots, the vines seeming to provide the same cover as a waterfall does a deep cavern.

Its right arm is thrust forward, the desperation the only clearly communicated part of the story. The second and sixth fingers are broken off. Its left arm seems to have been shielding something against its side. It's hard to guess what, as most of the arm and side is missing.

There appears to b



(The rest of the page is burned away)

© Copyright 2024 Auri Johnson (UN: queergoblin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Auri Johnson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067463