*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068444-Eclipse-and-the-Companies-Trying-to-Use-AI
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1068444 added April 10, 2024 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
Eclipse and the Companies Trying to Use AI
Prompt: April 8, 2024 was the eclipse. Did you get to see it in your area? How did it make you feel? Write about this in your Blog entry today.

------

Yes, and no. Actually, about the time Eclipse were to show up, we got gray skies for about a few minutes. The weren't even as dark as when a rainstorm starts. So much for all the hoopla. It didn't make me feel anything special. So what if something small dared to cast its shadow on something huge!

On the other hand, I really want to write about something else, today, if I may eclipse some companies if the pun sticks:

AI and the Companies that cannot adjust to AI

Companies are in the process of reinventing themselves, thanks to AI or rather no-thanks as (I want to curse at something or someone).

I understand that the usage of AI means a paradigm shift and a transformative force for businesses. But my frustration with the companies is, "why jump into it when you haven't totally informed and instructed your workers!" Recently, I've had problems with Comcast and Microsoft. Imagine other people who have to deal with a much higher number of such and similar companies.

To begin with, I resent either my connection to the net and the tricks it plays on my Email and other things, or Microsoft butting in with notices while I'm trying to write something, especially MS's pushing their browser through my nose and their new so-called "dock" no matter how many times I deleted them. They are either doing this for to enrich their profit or to mess up my concentration with their distracting suggestions. Or they are so excited with their newly-found capabilities and freedoms that they have no respect for their users.

Then, the workers in such companies, even those people on the higher rungs of the company's ladder, still don't have any idea how things work in connection to their AI use. When I call, I either get a runaround or a defensive, "Let us look into this and we'll call you back."

On my personal usage front, for example, MS word used to be my go-to writing pad and I used to love it. Nowadays, it does weird things, such as if I select a word or sentence, delete doesn't work on it. I have to cut it. Then, other weird stuff happens too, which is too long to go into at the moment. So I gave up on MS Word totally for a while, until--hopefully--they clean their act, regardless of the fact that I keep paying them. So I write just about everything on notepad and do the fixing on WdC's still intact system.

When AI first surfaced, I had rejoiced as I like inventions and technology, however inept I am in such things, but I think in this case, I jumped the gun.

Still, I'm not blaming AI but the companies and their eager-beaver incompetents who think they know everything but do not have an inkling on how to use a technology that can be so helpful.


.



© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068444-Eclipse-and-the-Companies-Trying-to-Use-AI