*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068506-Titanic
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1068506 added April 11, 2024 at 11:32am
Restrictions: None
Titanic
Prompt: The Titanic hit an ice berg and sunk April 14, 1912.
Write about this in your Blog entry today.


------------

"So iconic and tragic!" I might remark. "But it was more than a century ago," you might think.

Still, not what happened to Titanic but what took place afterward is very important. Many improvements followed this tragedy, such as the realization for better ship construction, improved safety measures and better emergency procedures. After all, 1500 people had lost their lives in this tragedy and something so terrible shouldn't go without offering any use to the rest of us.

Certainly, from this loss many tales of heroism and sacrifices of heroism and stories of heartbreak and loss surfaced, and countless movies and documentaries were made. Of those movies, what I can recall, at the moment, are: A Night to Remember, Titanic, The Unsinkable Molly Brown, Raise the Titanic, etc. Of the documentaries, one offered on TV by Orson Welles sticks to my mind but I can't recall the name or the exact date, although I think it had to be aired during the 1980's. After all, Titanic's sinking was a huge tragedy and inside it were the passengers who were mostly on the upper echelons of society.

High Society or not, to this day, the saga of this ship, Titanic, is a sad reminder of the fragility of human life and the power of the sea.


.


© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068506-Titanic