*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068623
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2317669
My Game of Thrones 2024 Workbook
#1068623 added April 12, 2024 at 6:31pm
Restrictions: None
Door #7

1. Invent something useful

At the moment, I think the most useful thing that I could invent would be some sort of streaming platform that allows you to pull from all the other streaming platforms that you subscribe to. Think about it for a second; how often do you want to watch something specific, and you have to search around to figure out whether it’s on Netflix or Disney+ or Peacock or Prime Video or whatever? How many different apps do you have to have loaded onto your iPad or your TV that you have to maintain and switch between? My invention would be a single platform that lets you log into all your other subscriptions and view everything in a single searchable interface.

(120 words)


2. Make Changes

If I could change any one thing, it would be removing the ways money influences our political leaders. I’d want a whole host of campaign reform laws that limits the amount of money people can spend on their campaigns, gives them equal access to media and the public, and discourages any kind of profiting from one’s office once elected. Lobbyists would be similarly strictly regulated, so that the people working in politics were the ones who wanted to be there to do the job (not for the fame, or the power, or the next job it leads to after that), and they were free to do that job without constantly worried about being outspent by some rich person with worse ideas or less of a commitment to the common good. I think it would have a remarkable effect on the entire world, eventually, if our elected officials were there to actually represent their constituents and not special interests or their own ambitions.

(162 words)


3. Time

I’m not sure there’s much we can do to change time, except maybe get rid of time zones or daylight savings time, both of which are super annoying. *Laugh* There was this show on television when I was growing up called Out of This World where the protagonist was a teenage girl with an alien father who had the ability to freeze time whenever she wanted to. I always thought that would be an awesome power; the ability to stop at any point, gather your wits, figure things out, and then resume that same moment. Or the ability to go back in time like 30 seconds, kind of like you can skip back on a podcast or a video. You wouldn’t be able to make any monumental changes to the space-time continuum, but you could definitely use it to correct minor (instantly detectable) errors, like saying the wrong thing in a conversation. Those would be cool powers to have but I can only imagine if more than one person had them, there’d be all kinds of havoc involved.

(181 words)


______________________________

(463 words)


Prompt: 1. Invent something useful | 2. Make Changes | 3. Time
© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068623