*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069359-Its-hard-to-be-original
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2318529
I'm just venting/getting my thoughts out.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1069359 added April 25, 2024 at 9:26pm
Restrictions: None
It's hard to be original
Why is it always a promise? Why is it always a mentor-mentee relationship gone wrong? Someone is always either betrayed in some way or killed. Or they get together and have a messy breakup. Or they mutually end the relationship before getting back together after years of endless pining and jealousy. Or all of that but with their best-friend. Or really any friend. Why is it always a story about someone making something out of nothing? Of turning poverty into prosperity? Isn’t that less of someone's story and more feeding the fire of many people's collective fantasy? How do you go about writing a story free of tropes and cliches and outside influences? It’s impossible, because those things make up the stories that make up our foundational understanding of how to create and tell them. That’s why it takes so long to write anything good, or good enough, because they need to come alive on their own, in their own time, at their own pace. Otherwise, they're just copies of copies. I mean they're already destined to be that, but at least they'll gain their own autonomy. Hopefully. A bit. Probably. I don’t know anymore.

© Copyright 2024 Auri Johnson (UN: queergoblin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Auri Johnson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069359-Its-hard-to-be-original