*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069581-Door-19
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2316744
A place to keep my writings
#1069581 added April 25, 2024 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
Door 19
"Hi I'm Barbie, and I want to tell you the story of my typical day in the toy box. I live here with all of my friends. Let me tell you about them. This is Mermaid. You can see that she has a beautiful blue dress shaped like, well, a mermaid. She usually comes back dripping wet, but today she is dry."

Mermaid chimed in and mentioned to Barbie that she has so much fun in the toy pool that Olivia lets her play in.

"Oh yes, Mermaid, I should tell a little about Olivia. Olivia is the five-year-old girl who takes us out of the toy box one at a time to play each day. She is not here now because she went to the beach with World. World is lucky because she is always chosen by Olivia to go with her on all the trips. It's okay because we always get to hear all about it when they get back."

Ken mumbled that he would like to go on a trip sometime.

"Oh Ken, stop being jealous! At least you get to have a dog dolly."

Ken pulled his dog, Ruff, a little closer and smirked the cute way he does.

"So where was I? Oh yes, and there we have Astronaut. She amazes us with the fun tales she tells of visiting Mars!
I never get jealous, like Ken does."

Ken smirked again.

"I get to wear fancy clothes and be on a toy movie set. Last week, I got to ride on a scooter!"

All heads turned when the lid to the toybox opened.

"Hey guys, World is back! Hi World! Did you have a good time?"

Mermaid screamed. Olivia left the lid open, and now the large family dog was smiling his monster-sized head inside.

"Don't be afraid, everyone. He only grabs the stuffed bears. Just stay calm and...Ahhhhhhhhhh"

The dolls all screamed along with Barbie, as the last thing they saw before the lid fell shut, was the sight of Fluffy ripping Barbie's head off. Then, all was silent. After a moment, Barbie's little sister, Skipper whispered.


"Hello? Hello? Barbie?"

Barbie was gone. Written out of this story. And that was,
The End

Word Count: 370
Prompt: Write yourself out of a story

*************************

Review 5 inactive (closed) forums

1. Review of "15 for 15 Contest --- Closed"
2. Review of "SLAM!"
3. Review of "No Dialogue Contest-CLOSED"
4. Review of "Lighthouses at Sunset Contest - (Closed)"
5. Review of "Hearts Afire. Closed until February 2025"



© Copyright 2024 Maryann (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069581-Door-19