*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069747-Door-21
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2316744
A place to keep my writings
#1069747 added April 25, 2024 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
Door 21
Once upon a time, in the mystical kingdom of Eldoria, there was a Lady named Maryann. She was known far and wide for her grace, intelligence, and unwavering kindness. Her beauty was like that of a blooming rose, and her eyes held secrets that seemed to whisper of forgotten realms.

Maryann was not just any lady; she was the daughter of the late King Beholden, and her destiny was intertwined with the fate of the kingdom. Eldoria had been ruled by a wise and just queen for centuries, and now it was time for Maryann to ascend to the throne. She had always hoped this day would not happen. She valued her close friends, Lornda and Lilli who were twins, and Lovina, her Lady in Waiting. She also had a growing love for a gallant knight named Angelo. He lived not far from her castle. He would make excuses to visit her in the garden.

There was always so much to do when you are a Queen, so she hoped she could remain friends with each and every one of them.

One day while hosting a tea with her friends, Lornda wiped a tear from her eye. “In so many ways, I will miss you when you’re Queen!”

The dainty teacup and saucer shook as Lilli sobbed. Lovina leaned over and put her arm around her shoulders.

Maryann felt the same sadness as her friends. “I insist you not be sad. I will always find time to visit with you—always!”

*~*


There was a twist—a twist that would forever change the course of history. For hidden deep within the castle walls was a secret chamber, guarded by ancient magic. Inside that chamber lay a mirror—a mirror that held the reflection of the true queen.

The current queen, Rachel, was beloved by her subjects. She ruled with compassion and strength, but she knew that her time was coming to an end. The mirror whispered to her in dreams, showing her glimpses of Maryann’s face. Rachel understood that her successor was not just any lady; she was the rightful heir to the throne.

As Maryann’s eighteenth birthday approached, the castle buzzed with anticipation. The advisers whispered in hushed tones, and the nobles held grand feasts in her honor. But Maryann was not interested in lavish parties or fine gowns. She spent her days having her friends over for tea and exploring the castle library, seeking answers about her lineage and the mysterious mirror.

One stormy night, as lightning illuminated the sky, Maryann stood before the mirror. Her reflection shimmered, and the glass seemed to come alive. “Who am I?” she whispered, her heart pounding.

The mirror spoke—a voice both ancient and ethereal. “You are the blood of queens, child. Your destiny lies beyond these walls.”

Maryann decided to embark on a quest to find what was beyond the walls. She followed cryptic clues, deciphered riddles, and faced magical creatures. Along the way, she met Angelo, who became her loyal companion on the quest. Together, they journeyed through enchanted forests, crossed treacherous rivers, and climbed snow-capped mountains.

In the heart of the Whispering Woods, they encountered Lady Lyn of the Lake—a mystical being who guarded the Sword of Sovereignty. “Only the true queen can wield this blade,” said Lady Lyn.

Maryann drew the sword from its stone pedestal, and its silver blade glowed with colorful rays of light.
As she held the sword aloft, Maryann felt the weight of centuries—the hopes and dreams of her ancestors.

She returned to Eldoria, where Rachel awaited her. The two queens stood side by side, their reflections merging in the mirror.

“It is time,” Rachel said, her eyes filled with both sorrow and pride. “The kingdom needs you, Maryann.”

So, Lady Maryann became the queen. Eldoria flourished under her rule—its fields bloomed, its people prospered, and magic flowed freely. She made time for her friends and hosted tea often. She now had the power to appoint Angelo to an important adviser of all the knights in her Kingdom. She ruled with wisdom, compassion, and a touch of the mystical. She never forgot the mirror, which now hung in the throne room—a reminder of her journey and the legacy of queens.

(802)

with group
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group  [E]
Join the fun! We inspire reviewers through kindness and learning! Winner of six Quills!
by Maryann

© Copyright 2024 Maryann (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069747-Door-21