*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069785
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2317669
My Game of Thrones 2024 Workbook
#1069785 added April 26, 2024 at 10:41am
Restrictions: None
Door #19

The process of writing oneself out of a story is easy.

First, you include yourself in the story in the first place. For example, King-Beyond-the-Wall Jaeff woke up one morning after Game of Thrones was over and went about his business. There, a perfect example of introducing a character to a story.

Now, all you have to do is figure out a way to get that character out of said story.

There are a variety of ways to do this, from the simple and mundane (like just having the story abruptly end, or to have them wander off), to the incredibly detailed or graphic (having them killed off in some grand fashion, or similar). For example, after King-Beyond-the-Wall Jaeff woke up one morning after Game of Thrones was over and went about his business, he decided it was high time that he head back to the North, and left Jaeyne in charge as Queen on the Iron Thone. Jaeff made it back to the North, and lived out the rest of his days in peace and quiet.

The most important part of this, though, is figuring out how to keep the story going. For example, Jaeyne ruled deftly and fairly for many years, bringing the Seven Kingdoms to newfound heights of prosperity and success, which validated the Free Folk in their domination of the Game of Thrones.

The End.

______________________________

(231 words)


Prompt: 1. Where did you go? Write yourself out of a story. How you do that is up to you. 500 words max.
© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069785