*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069814
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2317669
My Game of Thrones 2024 Workbook
#1069814 added April 26, 2024 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
Door #21

After the hell I had to go through to be named King-Beyond-the-Wall of the Free Folk, I think it’s almost quaint to be considered a “Lord” by the Kneelers to the South. If only they knew what real leadership looked like. It certainly doesn’t look like calling my teammates “subjects,” that’s for sure! I do believe that Jaeyne and Aennaytte would have me publicly castrated for suggesting such a thing!

As hard as it may be for the Kneelers to understand, I’m elected to the King-Beyond-the-Wall position by the consent of the tribes. If I don’t treat the tribes who elected me well, I won’t be King-Beyond-the-Wall for very long (and could very well find myself strung up on said Wall)! Beacon and her Night’s Watch would probably enjoy that, seeing as she and Detective and KingsCastle do love to spend so much time on that precious Wall of theirs!


I suppose if I had to pick a member of another team as King/Queen, I would want Kiya to have the honor on behalf of House Targaryen. Like us, they know what it means to be exiled, and it’s been a lifelong dream of theirs to retake their rightful place on the Iron Throne. I mean, we’d obviously overthrow them because the only good Kneeler is a dead Kneeler, but she should have the opportunity to enjoy that throne for at least a little while before the Free Folk come down from the North and show all of Westeros what it truly means to live free.

It’s actually kind of shocking how easy our march down from the North has been. The Starks and Tullys are nowhere to be seen. The Arryns and the Greyjoys are likewise missing from this Game of Thrones (no doubt smartly decided to abstain when they saw the Free Folk had assembled under a King-Beyond-the-Wall again!). The Lannisters are to the West of where we’re headed, so we have no quarrel with Kit and her brethren, so long as they keep to themselves and keep rechecking their account balances or whatever it is they do for fun.


While it’s impossible to tell the future, I do believe the outcome of the story will be the Free Folk reigning ascendant in the Game of Thrones. It’s precisely because we don’t want the Iron Throne that we’re best suited to have it. Those who survive will be the ones to come to accept this inevitability, and kneel... that thing they’re so good at doing... before the King-Beyond-the-Wall and his legions. There will definitely be harsh consequences for anyone who resists, as they will be demonstrating a profound lack of... knowing what’s good for them!

At the end of the day, the Game of Thrones is a proving ground that weeds out the weak from the strong. The Free Folk are strong and smart and destined to win because playing a silly Game of Thrones among the Great Houses is like children playing at make-believe. They need real adults in the room to nurture and protect them. And discipline them when they inevitably misbehave!


______________________________

(525 words)


Prompt: 1. Royalty. You're not quite there but you are considered a Lord or a Lady. Your teammates are your subjects. Tell us how you're treating your subjects now? We want to see entertainment! Add a few people from opposing teams for good measure! 2. Pick a Royal Subject. Pick an opposing team's member as the King/Queen. Will you overthrow them? How and why? 3. The Threat. What's the outcome of the story? Who wins in the end? Who survives? Are there any consequences?
© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069814