*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069842-Just-Need-to-Add-the-Numbers-Up
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1069842 added April 26, 2024 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
Just Need to Add the Numbers Up
Just Need to
Add the Numbers Up


After I figure out what Character Name belongs to which scene number, I need to be sure that there is an equal number of scenes for each Character Name. Especially, between the Main Characters and the Secondary Characters. They don’t need to be an exact match. But they should be very close to being an exact match.

Of course, I want them to be an exact match, and they should be. after all, almost every Act is the same in my first spreadsheet for my The Final Ritual scriptwriting project. The only difference is who starts and ends the Acts. It’s a little bit different from the second spreadsheet I created for this movie project.

The second spreadsheet begins and ends with Dinill or Marri. So, their numbers should add up exactly. Since the secondary characters are the same in these Acts, they should be the same too. but I won’t know that until I do the adding. I’m ready to do that now. Unfortunately, I’m not quite ready to do that yet. Well, that isn’t exactly true.

I am ready to start adding these numbers. All I need to do is copy the individual scene numbers with their Character Name. Once I do this, I can add them up to see if there is a match or a near match. Unfortunately, all that I got done today was the spreadsheet for this movie and the set-up for this addition. I haven’t done anything else yet.

What is the difference between the first and second spreadsheet formats? The first one starts and ends with the secondary characters for the Teaser Acts and the Tag Acts aka Kealor, Pallim, Tylmer, or Corma. Each one will start and end either a Teaser Act or a Tag Act. The second spreadsheet is either Dinill or Marri for each Act.

Yesterday, I wrote in my blog that I had finished creating my first spreadsheet for this movie project. But that I didn’t like it. After thinking about it before I went to sleep and after, I thought of a better way to create this first spreadsheet. Unfortunately, I spent most of the time I had today to finish creating it.

Luckily, it didn’t take me too long to finish creating the second spreadsheet. Now all I need to do is figure out which one I like better. Right now they are about the same. I like them both. Maybe I will change my mind about that depending on how the numbers add up. Especially, if I’m wrong about the adding being equal.

I don’t think I’m wrong about the numbers adding up. If I’m right about that, I have a very big decision to make. Which spreadsheet do I use for this movie? That will be a very hard decision for me to make. After all, I like them both. The big decision will be between starting this movie project with Dinill or Kealor. It won’t be an easy decision.






© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1069842-Just-Need-to-Add-the-Numbers-Up