*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070061-Made-My-Decision-But
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1070061 added April 28, 2024 at 11:49pm
Restrictions: None
Made My Decision, But...
Made My Decision, But…


It’s true, I have made my decision. But I’m not ready to start creating my Act Breakdown, my single sentence Outlines, or my single paragraph Outlines yet. I had a little trouble with both of my spreadsheets for my The Final Ritual scriptwriting project. The second spreadsheet was the one I needed the most work still left to do with.

While I was checking out which one I liked the best to use for this project, I found a major problem with the second spreadsheet. I found two two Acts back-to-back with the same Scene Number. I’m already compromising with them only being one Act apart. It won’t happen with them being back-to-back, and it’s not going to happen again.

It took me most of the afternoon to resolve this problem. But I finally did it. All I need to do now is do some adding. I’m sure it will be the same as the others. But I still need to know for sure before I start working on my single sentences and single paragraphs.

As for the problem with my first spreadsheet for this movie, I don’t have one. While thinking about how to fix my second spreadsheet, I decided I liked the old first spreadsheet better. The first spreadsheet in the past started with Corma. But this one started with Kealor.

I thought Kealor should start this movie. After all, he is the oldest one in the family now that Hummannan has died. But Corma was with him when he died. So, the focus is on her because of that. Except for Dinill, who is the main focus of this movie. Kealor may have a lot of responsibility now. But he's a minor secondary character.

It wasn’t hard to replace Kealor with Corma. The storylines are still the same. It’s just how the storylines are presented that has changed. But it wasn’t all that easy to redo this spreadsheet either. It didn’t take as long with it as the second spreadsheet did, but it did take about two hours to finish this spreadsheet too.

As a result, I didn’t get all my adding up for these two spreadsheets. I did finish the first spreadsheet, and it came out the same as the other first spreadsheet. That’s why I’m sure the second spreadsheet will be the same too. but I want to know that for sure.

While recreating these spreadsheets, I was thinking about which one I would use for this project. I have decided which one I will use. It’s the first spreadsheet. Not because of the even number of Scenes for each character, but because of the number of scenes per Act for them.

With the second spreadsheet, the secondary characters had only one or two scenes for the Teaser Acts and the Tag Acts. But with the first spreadsheet, they have two or three scenes each. An extra scene shouldn’t matter that much, but it does to me. Especially, since there are sixteen fewer scenes for my secondary characters with this spreadsheet.

I like the second one better because of those extra scenes for Dinill and Marri. But I don’t like it because of the sixteen fewer scenes for my secondary characters. Besides, the first spreadsheet is better for the ten-page rule in scriptwriting. After all, Marri almost ends the first half of Act One with Scene Nine. I think Corma ends with Scene Ten.





© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070061-Made-My-Decision-But