*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070226
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2317669
My Game of Thrones 2024 Workbook
#1070226 added April 30, 2024 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
Travel Marvel #7

I’m one of those people who generally likes living in the present. The past doesn’t hold a ton of appeal for me; I’d never be the person who wanted to go back and live during the Renaissance, or the Industrial Revolution or anything. Visit, sure. But live for an extended period of time? No thanks.

If I were going to live in another era, I suppose I’d want to do something in the not-too-distant past. Maybe the 1970s or 1980s. The one thing about modern life that I struggle with is the pace of life and the expectation that we’re all constantly available for every little thing now. I grew up in the 1980s but I was too young to appreciate art, culture, etc. (because I was under ten years old). I think it would have been interesting to grow up in the late sixties and early seventies, so that my early adult years would have been in the mid-1970s through 1980s.

I’d love to experience the music, movies, and other entertainment for the first time in theaters, and to have jobs that didn’t require being constantly in contact at all times. I’d like to go back to that age where growing up meant a lot of playing outside and entertaining yourself rather than being stuck in front of a screen.

I’m still pretty sure I’d want to go back to the present at some point, but I’d really enjoy spending some time in a “simpler era” where there were still things to explore and the world wasn’t moving at such a breakneck pace all the time.


______________________________

(267 words)


Prompt: Go back in time to the era of your choosing and describe how you live.
© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070226