*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070292-The-Stream
Rated: 13+ · Book · Animal · #2313031
Random topics.
#1070292 added April 30, 2024 at 9:35pm
Restrictions: None
The Stream
Spiky, the spiked pearl dragon, ran until she ran out of breath. Looking around her, she noticed she had come across a stream that appeared to be out of touch from civilization. Coming to the edge, she lowered her neck to take a drink of water. A fish jumped out of the water and hit her in the nose. Startled, she moved backwards. There was a group of birds flying from tree to tree. Frogs jumped in and out of the water, catching insects.

"Why can't I get a drink from this stream?" Spiky asked out loud.

Then a bear came toward her with three cubs. A mama bear. Quickly, Spiky flew toward the trees. The bear came closer and closer with the cubs following. Then Spiky noticed one of the cubs was limping. Cautiously, she moved toward the cub, then swooped down and grabbed it. The cub had a bear trap on its hind leg. Working quickly, she dislodged the bear trap and gently dropped the cub to an enraged mama bear. Then she used her healing powers to heal the bear cub. Before the mama bear could strike she flew away to the trees, turning to watch the mama bear when she got there with the bear trap in her claw.

The mama bear and the cubs crossed the stream. Once again, the mama bear headed in her direction. She didn't know what to do. The mama bear swiped at her and then turned around and headed off. That was it? So that swipe was a way to say thank you? She didn't know the language of the wild beasts here. The cub could swim, despite the pain. Good. She didn't have a chance to heal the cub fully. It still limped. Still, maybe now she could take a drink of water from the stream. By now she was awfully thirsty.

Prompt: 9. Write about a secluded stream with lots of wildlife.
Word Count: 313
Activity: "The North Remembers

GoT House Florent
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 Angelica- Happy Mothers Day! (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- Happy Mothers Day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070292-The-Stream