*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070340-How-I-Write-My-Scriptwriting-Projects
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1070340 added April 30, 2024 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
How I Write My Scriptwriting Projects
How I Write My
Scriptwriting Projects


Most of my scriptwriting projects are the same. After I finish creating my spreadsheets for a project, I start with the single sentences for my Act Breakdown, the Story Outline, and the Scene Outline. When I get the single sentences done, I start writing my single paragraphs Story Outline and Scene Outlines.

The Act Breakdown is what it sounds like. Each character in my projects has their own storyline within an Act. They are connected together to form a complete storyline. But they are also separate. I write a single sentence for each Act these characters are in.

After I finish with the Act Breakdown, I use the Act Breakdown to start writing my Story Outlines. The Story Outlines breakdowns my Act Breakdown into individual Acts starting with the Teaser Act and ending with the Tag Act. With my television Story Outlines each Part or Episode only has one Teaser Act and Tag Act.

It’s different from my movie projects. I have two Teaser Acts and two Tag Acts. The four Acts between the Teaser Acts and the Tag Acts are doubled too. It’s like two Parts or Episodes connected. In reality, my movies are two separate Parts connected without individual Part titles.

The Story Outlines are what they appear to be. They tell the storylines for the main and secondary characters in my projects. Each character has one or two single sentences for this phase of my projects. The main characters usually have two sentences that I arrange so that there are at least two other characters between these main characters.

After I get my Story Outlines done, I start working on my single-sentence Scene Outline. These Scene Outlines are the same as the Story Outlines. They are broken down into individual scenes for each of the main and secondary characters in my movie or television series project.

When I get done with my Scene Outlines, I start working on my single paragraphs Story Outlines and my Scene Outlines. They are the same as the single sentences. Except they are now single paragraphs. Telling more of each story or scene than the single sentences do. That’s not all that makes them different than each other, though.

Each of my single paragraphs is different in length too. with my Story Outlines it often depends on whether they belong to the main characters or the secondary characters. There are usually four for the secondary characters and five for the main characters.

Sometimes these single paragraphs for my Story Outlines are of different lengths. The Final Ritual is one of those Story Outlines. They are about the same for the eight individual Acts. But they are different from the Teaser Acts and the Tag Acts because there are only ten scenes and six characters within those scenes.

The single paragraph Scene Outlines are always the same. It’s not who represents these scenes. But the scene number they represent. The one, threes, sixes, and eights are five lines long, and the twos, fours, sevens, and nines are four lines long. The fives and tens are six lines long.






© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070340-How-I-Write-My-Scriptwriting-Projects