*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/144013-My-school
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#144013 added January 19, 2002 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
My school


I have taught for several years. I was always in a public school or in a daycare setting teaching the Pre-k program for the state. One thing that always bothered me was how I was not allowed to talk about God nor pray. It is against the law. THis has always bothered me for I was brought up in a school where we prayed and had devotion and learned right from wrong. It was a carry-over from what our parents were teaching us at home. I can not understand how in reality you can really seperate the two. For instance, I learned at home that God doesn't like for us to lie. It is one of his commandments. So I learned this and if I ever lied at school, my teachers would have brought in the disciple through that angle. ( that God doesn't allow us to lie and I need to ask for forgiveness). Or how about the one about "Do unto others as you would have them to unto you."
My school was not a religous- oriented or founded type school. It was just a regular private school. But my teachers had devotions and we prayed together. My personal belief is that without prayer there is nothing. So growing up I learned at home and at school the Christian principles to live not just at home or in my spare time but throughout my day, each day. I learned to depend on God. To think about others.
Having taught in the public system, I see many kids are not allowed this wonderful lesson in life. Many are not even taught right from wrong at home and have no foundation whatsoever to think about others. That is why there is so much trouble in schools. A teacher can not even say, "THat is against the ten commandments." or "Let's pray about it." It bothered me so much. And I like other teachers I know would break the law sometimes by maybe sneaking in a blessing before a meal or saying "That is wrong in God's eyes."
This country was founded on God. The Pilgrams left England and went to Holland and then came to America for the Freedom to Worship. One lady took my Freedom away from schools. The heck with this state and religion thing. Everyone or should I say the majority of Americans believe in some higher power. Everyone should be able to practice their own religion at all times.
My child goes to the same school I went to. A lot has changed. It is even better. It is now an official CHristian school. They have chapel once a week and Bible studies and prayer everyday. All day the children are taught with putting God first. They are taught to put Jesus first, others second and theirselves last. IT shows in the disciple and the personalities.
THis year I took a teaching job at this school and I have never been happier teaching. My kids and I are so close. We pray everymorning. We talk about their lives and we solve problems the Christian way. We have motivational chapel services that just add to what we are doing in the classroom. We learn about people in the Bible and some scripture. All this takes about 20 minutes of my day and then we take up our subjects. But if anything comes up, I am able to say, "Remember what we learned...!" I don't care what anyone saids these children are better off having this in their daily lives all day. I have seen the difference with my own eyes.
© Copyright 2002 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/144013-My-school