*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158434-Diner-guest
by Bookie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #381531
A relcutant hacker teams up with an eccentric hottie to save the world...or blow it up.
#158434 added April 4, 2002 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
Diner guest
Mmmmm, Pizza...and pepperoni...

Tina surveyed the feast around her. It was Sunday night, and that meant Dominos. One jumbo pie, half pepperoni, half sausage, sat before the two roomates, along with a two liter bottle of coke and a buch of paper flatware.

"Ok, lets dig in."

"Just what I was thinking."

Celine grabed a chunk of sausage pizza, while Tina went for the pepperoni. Just as she was about to get her first grease-ridden moutful, the doorbell rang.

Tina let out a little curse and went to tell whoever it was off. Putting on her best annoyed face, she opened the door.

Kenny was standing there, and he looked horrible. His hair looked like a wet mop, it looked like he hadn't showered in days, and if Tina didn't know any better she would have sworn those were the same clothes he was wearing in class three days ago.

"Kenny? What the hell are you doing here?"

"Did you happen to find a disk in the computer I was working at during class?"

"Uh, yeah, actualy I did."

"Well, I realy need it." Apperantly, he realy did, if he was going to come over at ten at night during a downpour without an umbrella or anything.

"OK, want to come in? We've got pizza."

"Um, no, that's ok."

Celine leaned back into the hall to see what was taking her pizza-loving friend so long to tell someone off.

"Hey Tina! The pizza's getting cold!"

Kenny realy did look horrible, so Tina decided to try again.

"How about this; you come grab something to eat and I'll find the disk afterwords."

"No, thank you, I realy shouldn't."

"Come one Kenny, you look like you crawled out of the halaucaust or something. You're bone thin."

"I'm fine. I just need the disk."

"A little snappy, are we?"

"I'm sorry, it's just been a stressful day." More like a stressful month, from the looks of things, but Tina just shrugged and went to get the disk from her computer desk.

"Oh, by the way, how did you know where I live?"

"You told me."

"Oh I did did I?"

"Yes, at the club."

Now that was a lie. Even if Tina was high on every drug imaginable, she wouldn't give out her number or address to a complete stranger, no matter how cute. She may have been dense but she wasn't stupid.

Tina handed Kenny the disk, who took it like a ten year old would take a bar of chocolate. She didn't let go though, and Ken looked up at her with a strange face that made her a bit uneasy, but she wasn't going to let him go just like that.

"So, what's on this thing that's so important you'd come searching for it in the rain?"

"Just a program for a friend."

Tina couldn't recal any program the would practicaly ruin her computer the second she poped in the disk, but she wasn't about to say that, so she shruged and let go. Ken gave something that looked like a bow and started turning to go.

"Oh, and I forgot!" Tina rushed to the closet, grabed an umbrella, and ran back, but Ken was already gone. The boy was strange, stranger then Tina had origionaly thought. He was a mystery, and she liked solving mysteries.

Celine looked back into the hall. "Girl, the pizza's half frozen! What the hell are you doing?"

Tina started munching absent mindedly on her now icy pizza. Watch out Kenny, I'm on to you...
© Copyright 2002 Bookie (UN: bookgrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bookie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158434-Diner-guest