*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158599-Tina-plays-spy
by Bookie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #381531
A relcutant hacker teams up with an eccentric hottie to save the world...or blow it up.
#158599 added April 5, 2002 at 7:47pm
Restrictions: None
Tina plays spy
Tina was in computer science again, staring at a whole bunch of stupid codes that were supposed to create a tic-tac-toe game. How entertaining. The teacher wasn't very good, so he made up for it with unbearably slow assignments, such as finding the one thing in a ten page code that was keeping the program from working. Last week it had been one stupid semicolon.

The computer was glaring again, and Tina sat back to rub her eyes. She was definitly not about to get glasses for a bachelors degree.

"Done." The entire class looked up to see who had found the glitch in one minute. Kenny was typing something, and the teacher went over to investigate.

"Well Ken, what is it?"

"The variable here doesn't line up with the one on line 2030. Also, the third loop wasn't correctly defined."

A bunch of kids started mumbling, and Tina went to check Kenny's findings. He was right, of course. The teacher looked extrememly uncomfortable, probably didn't expect to teach today, Tina thought with a mental smirk. After the class had gone over the program themselves, the teacher, Tina never could remember his name, got up to the front of the room.

"Alright, well, there is no lesson plan for today," like there ever was, "so each of you have free lab time to work on your individual programs."

Tina groaned and pulled out her A disk. She was hoping the teacher would just dismiss the class, but oh well, now she wouldn't have to do this at home. Celine was already typing like a madwoman, and Ken was taking out the disk he'd left in the computer last class.

Seeing as she didn't want to actualy work on her project, Tina decided to see if she could get some clues about her mystery man. Kenny's monitor wasn't facing her, so she'd have to devise some way to get around to him.

"Professor? Can I be excused?"

"What for?"

"I need to go to the bathroom."

"This isn't highschool Miss DiAngelo."

"No, but it's that time of month."

A few classmen snickered, and Tina was suddenly very glad that most computer geek teachers were male, because the professor stuttered around before finaly excusing her.

A peice of cake, but Tina suddenly relized it wasn't going to get her anywhere. It wasn't like she was going to memorize whatever it was Kenny was typing. She was a problem solver though, and she had read enough books to get her out of any weird situation.

Tina got up to go. As she passed Celine's desk, her foot caught on her friends chair and Tina fell, hard. There was a resounding thud, and the girl cursed her good ideas. Still, it got her near Ken's bookbag.

Dusting herself off, Tina waved away the worries of her peers and walked out of the classroom. When she was safely in the hallway, Tina took from her poket her new prize.

Kenny's student ID was brand new. The lamination wasn't messed up, and it still had on that little clip for putting the card on bookbags and such. Tina took a u-turn to the library.

"OK student number 3069801, let's see where you live."
© Copyright 2002 Bookie (UN: bookgrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bookie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158599-Tina-plays-spy