*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/176063-My-Sweet-Personality-is-Gone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#176063 added June 26, 2002 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
My Sweet Personality is Gone!


I used to be so sweet. I mean you could just see sugar oozing out of me. I was always the one helping out others and letting others run all over me and laughing at silly jokes that really made no sense. I never said no to anyone. Well, lately I find myself in a few tiffs and damn it feels good. Used to I would be upset at hurting people's feelings. Well people still say I am sweet, but they are also saying things like, "What?' when they hear from me. I almost got in a fight the other day and my sister in law came to check on sweet little me. She said then she realized I was just fine! Some smart alect was being rude to my kid. Used to I would just let it go, but I got involved. Why? I guess I just realize that I am important and I don't need to prove myself to others. Also, I have my time and my family that are valuable to me and I don't won't anything to take advantage of it. So when that phone rings, I say no more often to voluteering. I speak up now when someone is trying to take advantage of me. I am so proud of myself. What is so funny is that now when I see a shy, quiet person, I think how weak they seem. Yet that was me in my early years. Over the years I have become like a butterfly. My self esteem has blossomed and I don't even know why is was so low to begin with. BUt it was. I used to be scared to even talk to folks. Now here I am telling them off. Good for me.
© Copyright 2002 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/176063-My-Sweet-Personality-is-Gone