*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/205955-In-search-of-God
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#205955 added November 13, 2002 at 6:29pm
Restrictions: None
In search of God


As a Christian, it is important to me to find time to be with God in spirit. I like to take time to pray and read my Bible and just listen to Him. I find it is so difficult with my schedule to do just that each day. In fact, I rarely get a chance to. I tell others about God. I teach about Him almost each day in the classroom of the Christian school where I teach. But as far as having a conversation with him, it is just like an acquaintance instead of a relationship. I think about it like a dear friend ( as my Lord really is). To be a friend, you have to spend quality time together. Just giving a friend your left over time isn't going to mesh much for most folks. God saids He is a jealous God. I know he means this as we should not put other things before Him. HE is the awesome one who made us and we need to come to him as much as possible. He wants to hear from you. And he wants to guide and help you through life.
How often, I tell others that but i forget it in my own life. Last week, I felt so burned ot and emotional I felt i was on the verge of a nervous breakdown as I have so much going on and I can not even take time for myself ( or my Lord). It came to me briefly through thought that I should go to the Lord in prayer about my state of mind. I found myself shooting an " arrow prayer." instead. I call short, short prayers that you say in passing those. For example, if my son is going away for a trip, I tell him bye and say a short prayer, " Lord protect Kaleb." It is as I am shooting it straight to Heaven. Well I briefly prayed as I did another task to " be with me Lord, I am having some bad days." The Lord seem to bring to my mind that I needed to spend more time with Him as I had these guilt pains run through but I put it in the back of my mind thinking , yeah yeah, I will have a good prayer and study time soon. Well soon never came and even though I felt somewhat better, I still was having a strange life with anxiety hitting me every which way. THat is when the Lord spoke to me through a friend. She said she had had a rough week ( she knew nothing of mine) and the Lord had told her that she had not been coming to him and that is what happens when we don't let him carry some of the burden. It was as she was talking about my life and I know the Lord inspired her to tell me that. It is amazing how he works. I am starting to spend more time with Him now. Life is looking a lot less stressful with Him carrying me through it!
© Copyright 2002 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/205955-In-search-of-God