*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/211878-Its-beginning-to-look-and-feel-a-lot-like-Christmas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#211878 added December 7, 2002 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
It's beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas


It has been reallly cold here in the South. Not just cold, but that bone chilling cold that takes your breath away and has a wet feel to it. I never thought much of it, but it is true that colder weather does make it feel more like Christmas. I know there have been some Christmas' where it felt like summer. It just didn't feel right. But it is funny. Jesus was probaly born on a warm night. I don't think they get snow it Bethlehem.
We are going to get our tree today. It is a nice quaint place where you take a hayride to the fields. You get a saw and cut down your tree after much debate in the family about which wit the best one. " That one is too tall." or " That one is too skinny." " That one has a hole in the middle>' Personally, I like a tall fat tree. The thing is my husband is allergic to the touch of a tree. So I get stuck decorating it. That gets to be a pain if you have a big tree.
The other day the students at school were practicing singing. We had tha whole student body singing " I want to wish you a Merry Christmas" It was without any practice and those kids sounded wonderful. I got chills up and down my spine and teared up. The other teachers said they did the same. IT is funny how little moments like that can put you in the spirit of CHristmas.
© Copyright 2002 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/211878-Its-beginning-to-look-and-feel-a-lot-like-Christmas