*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/215237-Answers--8-28-02
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #593232
This is my book of poetry that I hope to eventually publish with photos.
#215237 added December 23, 2002 at 1:15pm
Restrictions: None
Answers 8-28-02
I would like permission to cry, but you won’t grant it to me.
I would like permission to die, but you just smile at me.
I would like to know who I am, what purpose I serve here.
I would like to know that I’m loved, that someone holds me dear.
But you won’t answer me.

I sit here and think about the sadness, I think about my sorrows.
I lie here and dream about the life I want, I dream about tomorrows.
I stand here alone and wonder about friends, I wonder if they are true to me.
I run down this vacant street and scream, I scream because no one understands me.
And no one answers me.

I feel a pain I can’t express or release, I feel the drain of unhappiness tugging on me.
I sense the impending doom I know is coming, I sense the danger but I can not flee.
I yearn for acceptance in this cold world, I yearn for renewal as I look at you.
I crave the love you give everyone but me, I crave the forgiveness you offer too.
But you don’t answer me.

Do you see me here? Do you hear me cry? I am all alone in the shadows you cast.
If I were beautiful, would you love me? Would I be yours? I ask you at long last.
I don’t see the acceptance, the love, the forgiveness, I don’t see all you offer others.
I feel isolated, hated, all alone, forsaken, I feel a loathing and a loss so strong it smothers.
And no one answers me.

But that’s okay, it’s alright, I’m still alive, I will survive, with or without you near.
It’s no big deal, no problem here, everything is fine and dandy, even if the sky isn’t clear.
I will endure, life will go on, tomorrow will arrive as always and the darkness will fade away.
I will overcome this depression I feel, I will become myself again, I will see a brighter day.
Even if no one answers.

Even if no one cares.

© Copyright 2002 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/215237-Answers--8-28-02