*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/228875-unmentioned-deja-vu
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#228875 added February 21, 2003 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
unmentioned deja vu
Just finished a little movie marathon with my parents. My Big Fat Greek Wedding followed by Chicken Run. The first movie made me come to certain conclusions. The first of those conclusions being that Greek and Italian families are incredibly alike. It must be something in the Mediterranean water. *Wink* In reference to the second movie, apparently it's partially a parody of some WWII POW flick I've never seen. I'll have to get the name and watch it to get some of the jokes.

I've written some in the past few days. There was one scene I simply refused to write at night after everyone had gone to bed. But I had the overwhelming urge to get it down on paper and out of my head, so I forced myself to sit down and write it. The writing spurred on other ideas, and uncovered holes I hadn't realized before. I have to patch those up...

We've lost half our snow already. It's been so warm for a few days now. And the rain will probably melt more snow. I've never seen so much clear water running down the street as when I walked to my piano teacher's house yesterday. It was making little eddies in the street. I walked on the sidewalks for the most part, until I came to an area where someone piled four feet of snow onto the sidewalk. So I walked maybe half a block in the middle of the street. (There's hardly anyone ever down that street anyway.)

I have over-due library books. Oops. Well, I still need two of them, so the library will have to wait. I finished Neverwhere, The Mothman Prophecies, and Abhorsen (I've only been waiting for this book to be finished for... oh... three years?...) this week.

The Mothman Prophecies was really interesting, and better than I'd expected. It wasn't the same-old information recycled. I liked the theories, even if the middle of the book sort of chased its tail. "If there is a universal mind, must it be sane?" - Charles Fort

I'm in the process of trying to convince my brother to do his faux (and improvised) Irish dancing for the next coffee house. It's hilarious, but he refuses.

I have a dress for the prom. It was a relatively painless shopping trip. Spent two hours in the first store we went to, and found a dress almost by accident in the last twenty minutes, lol.

Oh, finally sorted out my little date dilemma too. (I don't think I even told all the in-between here...)

Things will eventually figure themselves out if you let them.

The trip downtown went as well as could be expected. With all the snow, the trains into the city were so delayed that the train which was supposed to come twenty minutes before ours came at the time for the train we meant to take. (If that made sense...) The train was so crowded, the conductor couldn't get around to getting tickets for everyone, so we had a free ride there. That caused a minor headache with the connector train and getting tickets home. The connection back to the station was about ten minutes late, so we missed our train home. Sitting in that station for an hour is so much fun, let me tell you. Well, we weren't in the main thoroughfare, so it wasn't all that bad, just tedious. And my brothers weren't getting along, so it was just a cheery time all around. Still, it was better than sitting in any part of Grand Central for an hour. Fewer people to watch, but less hassle. Not to mention fewer armed marines... ::shudders::

Been listening to a lot of Tori Amos and Sarah McLachlan recently.

I have two projects to complete in the next two days. And I was so convinced I'd get done everything early.

G'night.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/228875-unmentioned-deja-vu