*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/231974-February-19-2003-amawitch
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
February 19, 2003: amawitch

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

noticing newbies - newsletter header


Highlighting Newbie BioBlocks


I thought the Tidbit yesnomaybe had a wonderful idea in highlighting BioBlocks. I liked it so much I am borrowing it! Bio Blocks are important, they inform your reader, they make a quick sketch of who we are.

These BioBlocks impressed me and I wanted to share them. I do want to stress though that I came across many many BioBlocks that were empty. Take the time to write a few sentences that give your readers some hints about your work or the focus of your work. Remember that you can always change your BioBlock as the mood suits you, as long as it is kept G-rated.

Here are some Newbie bioblocks I found interesting and/or entertaining. Please give them a read and consider posting your own "welcome mat."

knibb

hornbeck

Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor

Hi,
Since this is a new Newsletter, and I am a New Editor, I decided I should touch on a subject that even today remains foremost on my mind. Being New!

Some of us are familiar with a few of the tools that are available here, some of us are not. I am one of the lucky ones in that I knew nothing, so there wasn't anything for me to "unlearn." And everything to gain from learning!

Below are some of the wonderful static items I have frequently visited, reading and studying them until I felt comfortable trying new things. One method I used was to create a private folder and practice what I read until I felt comfortable with each new tool or type of item.

I encourage you to visit these how-to items, seek out others items, ask questions, and practice. It's such a great feeling to know that this is a place you can find someone or someplace to answer each question.

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

Easy to understand and interesting.

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

You will want to take your time here.

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

An excellent resource that spells out each code!

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


This is for you. Take the time to enter. It should be fun, and we will get to know you all better.

Have fun. *Smile*
amawitch

Editor's Picks

Hello! I would like to share with you my plans for how I plan on highlighting new Writing.Com members. I would like to focus on one particular genre for each issue I edit. In this edition I will be showcasing the poetry of our newest members. Please remember that encouragement is always appreciated, a fair and honest review is the only way that any writer can improve.
b}Write On!

*Star*
tricky22
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

It's been a long time since I read a poem that evoked such feeling in that I felt the plea of this author in each and every line.

*Star*
enchantedpen
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

This poem caught my attention because I use wings in my signature. We could all use wings to reach the unreachable and this poem is a wonderful reminder.

*Star*
cyberpal19}
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


I was impressed with the passion in this poem. It was like a breath of fresh air on a stuffy afternoon.


*Star*
lost3250
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

Once in a while a poem comes around that burns into your memory, you just can't let it go. This is one of those poems, a poem that will stay with you for days afterward.


*Star*
butterfly1
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


This poem is a rare jewel. I was deeply touched and moved by this poem

*Star*
kori
"Invalid Item
This poem is a passionate plea for both escape and freedom.

Till next time, read, write, be happy! *Kiss*

amawitch
noticing newbies - newsletter header

 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer

A New Newsletter sometimes takes time to generate some questions. So... instead of leaving this completely blank, I thought I might include some of the wonderful sites that have been created to showcase Newbie work.


rickysgranny
Has created a black case review for those wanting
critique/help/encouragement.

I encourage you to read the rules carefully prior to posting because some review forums in Writing.Com review your work IN THE FORUM and not through email.

Till next time.... Write On!


amawitch
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.

 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 03-12-03 @ 7:01pm | Modified: 03-12-03 @ 7:01pm      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/231974-February-19-2003-amawitch