*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/232017-Goooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#232017 added March 12, 2003 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
Goooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall!
Field trip to DC was fun. Very rushed, and it was eerily quiet for a major city--even if it was during the week, but it was all-in-all a good trip. Didn't get to see much. And how can you see Washington without seeing the memorials? Ah, well... Been through enough security checks to last me a while. Just sent out most of my best pictures to people who either requested them or expressed an interest in them. My favorites are one of the interior of the Capitol's dome and one of the Washington Monument with the sun behind it and a blue sky beyond.

The first draft of my research paper came back today (a day early). I was told my paper was good enough for a college-level anthropology course. Very proud of that.

A turkey was standing on my neighbor's car earlier today. Got pictures, but none turned out well. The light was too low, my hands were too unsteady, and I didn't want to scare it by my flash.

Spent all of second period (and about a minute or two of third) typing up the last few articles for a history project. That is the latest last minute I've ever done. I was just so tired last night that I could hardly hold my head up at ten o'clock.

Faculty vs. senior basketball game today. I think I have this basketball thing figured out: a big, orange, round thing goes through a hope and people cheer. Teachers won. It probably helped them to have at least two people over six feet tall on the team (and others close to that height).

They dropped French toast from the school cafeteria's menu. I hate this petty stuff. I really, really don't think the French are offended.

A reporter asked the French Embassy what they thought of the Capitol dropping the word "French" from their menus and replacing it with "Freedom." They replied, "French fries are Belgian."

Ew. I just had a KFC pot pie. It looks like they chopped up their crispy chicken and threw it into the pot pie. I only ate the crust off. The rest just looked disgusting.

Today, I heard four national anthems in a span of ten minutes. American. French. British. Polish. (Not in that order.)

I was cowering when the Star Spangled Banner was sung. Only because it was sung in baritone (or deeper... not sure...)... by a girl with a crazed look in her eyes.

Have to speak with my Trig teacher tomorrow, if she's in school. See if there's any other extra credit I can do...

The only priest in my parish is hospitalized. Something about his heart. Sounds like he'll be fine, but nothing is ever certain.

Homework to do.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/232017-Goooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall