*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/234311-Day-Nineteen-Part-Three
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#234311 added March 28, 2003 at 8:38pm
Restrictions: None
Day Nineteen, Part Three
         We found the library with no difficulty at all. The section where the teachers were meant to meet though was closed, so the guys and I sat down. I don't know who took it out but it doesn't matter. Soon the guys and I were engrossed in a poker game with rather low stakes.
         Hiei told us in a whisper that he had found evidence of the person who had sent the youkais to us yesterday going through the remains yesterday. As soon as he felt Hiei he had run off, but there was something that made Hiei catch his scent before he disappeared. It was a Makai Ice Demon, or a Makai Koorime.
         "One of Yukina's people?" Kurama asked.
         "But this is a male, not a female right?" I asked. The Koorime would only keep girls, never boys.
         "Shush! They're coming!" Hiei warned us.
         Soon there were teachers coming in including the notoriously pessimistic one called Trewlawny.
         "HN!" Hiei said quite loudly, which Kurama translated into, "Who dragged the roasted backside of a monkey here?" The smell of incense was something we were all used to, but this was simply horrible!
         We looked up to see a woman who was trying to look mystical and failing utterably. She looked like something not even the most desperate of men would go to for advice. And knowing men, it meant something really bad.
         "Make sure none of us are sitting next to her," Kurama whispered unneccesarily. Wild horses and unicorns couldn't drag me to sit next to her.
         Barbara came in on Snape's hand. The moment she stepped into my line of vision I caught her chi. Actually I had caught it long before that but I was too busy on the game. I looked up and saw him with her. I raised an eyebrow but she declined to acknowledge it. Instead she came over to join us. Before I could say anything, Hiei beat me to it.
         "You know, I like brigt, shiny metal objects too," he said, in the longest and least-tinged accented English I had heard him say so far.
         "He means the needle yesterday Barbara," I explained, noting her look of complete mystification and Snape's jealousy.
         "Oh," was all she said, but I noted that Sanpe did not seem to happy about that.
         "Teachers, if you will now enter the Meeting Room?" McGoonagall said, as the doors opened before her and Professor Dumbledore stepped in.
         The meeting was about to begin.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/234311-Day-Nineteen-Part-Three