*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235948
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Inspirational · #655260
Each day is new and wonderful. What inspired me today? Find out here.
#235948 added September 21, 2006 at 8:09am
Restrictions: None
Mixed Emotions
This time of year makes me feel so many different kinds of feelings. Even in Texas, where the winters are mild, there is evidence of the new life of Spring. That gives me a warm and happy feeling deep down inside.

We’re approaching what should be the most important time of all for Christians – Easter Sunday. My emotions are, indeed, all topsy-turvy.

I was born on Easter Sunday, 51 years ago. That makes this time of year a true celebration for me. I invited Jesus into my heart, accepted Him as my Lord and Savior, on Palm Sunday 44 years ago, at the age of 7. That’s another reason to celebrate; it’s a celebration of new life.

For most of my life, the Easter season has been such a happy time. I once heard a pastor comment that we Christians are Easter people. I liked that. While it makes sense that we should celebrate Christmas, the birth of our Lord, it makes even more sense that we should truly celebrate the Easter season. That’s when our Lord died and rose again, to save us all from sin.

It wasn’t until I had my own son, back in 1984, that I began to realize how much God loved us. John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." NIV

Not long after my son was born, as I held him and looked down upon his sleeping and contented face, I realized how much love God had for us. Having a child made me realize that. As a mother, I would rather die than to allow my son to die. But God sent his one and only Son to die for us. What love that shows. The Easter season continued to be such a happy time for me, knowing how loved I was by a truly awesome God.

Then a few years ago, I read the account of a medical professional about the injuries of Jesus. He explained what Jesus would have felt as the nails entered his hands and what Jesus experienced as he died. I can no longer sit in a Good Friday service without weeping for the pain my Lord and Savior experienced as he died on the cross. Knowing what pain the Lord suffered saddened me. It also made me realize how much Jesus loved us to die for us this way.

As Easter approaches, I rejoice as I celebrate my real birthday and the time when I asked Jesus to be my Savior. I weep, knowing what pain Jesus suffered. And I rejoice, knowing that Jesus purchased our eternal life. The only requirement is that we believe.



© Copyright 2006 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235948