*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/236376-Hate-and-Love-Parents
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #459487
This is not for the faint-hearted!
#236376 added April 10, 2003 at 1:59am
Restrictions: None
Hate and Love: Parents
I decided that I didn't have THAT much to say on the subject, and moved it to my Journal:
         The bane of those who do not have their own transportation and are constantly whining that all they want is the best for their children. They are the worst kind of demons, and they are all the more terrifying because they come in human clothing, and in many cases we don't know they're demons until there is nothing we can do.
         I'm talking about parents who don't keep their promises. To me they are demons, because they do not realize what it means to have kids. They seem to think that the world revolves around them, or at the very least, that they only have to keep their promises to people who are directly influential on them. They think that they want to give their kids the best and that they know everything. This is also in part due to kids' own natural and innocent nature. They believe that their parents are the most knowledgable beings in the world, only like most, they realize that they aren't, and that someone else has more knowledge like them.
         This is where the problem lies. Whereas most of the time the kids realize that their parents are vulnreable, their parents don't think so. They think that they will always have their child's trust in them and more importantly, that they can protect the child and keep the child for their own pleasure.
         Now, I'm not saying that all parents are bad, just those who break their children's promises. They seem to think that their children should wait on them and then when the children don't listen to them anymore they complain. They tell the child to always be punctual and that they should never be late, but they themselves do the same thing. And when the child wants to be early instead of late they scold the child, arguing that the function will only start at eleven, why should they go any earlier? It is people like these whom I cannot stand, people who think that simply because they are the parents of that child they deserve to have complete control over that child's life, even into adulthood.

What do YOU think?

Vanity of vanities. Kill the Buddha as you meet him, kill the father as you meet him. Don't be captivated by anyone, just live your life the way you are.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/236376-Hate-and-Love-Parents