*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/236632
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#236632 added April 19, 2003 at 10:04am
Restrictions: None
Day Twenty-Five
         The news hit us like a ton of bricks. Enki and Kokou were much-loved and admired by most of those who were living in Makai. That was not all. The Makai Tournament was coming up in a few months, coincinding with the Summer Hols of Britain. Shuura, Kurama and Hiei were supposed to take part in them.
         I didn't know what that meant but I knew it had something to do with them. That was the first thought that popped into my head. The second was more sedate. Who was going to attend the funeral?
         "Teachers will go," Yokoshima said, his voice unusually firm. We turned to look at him. He had a glazed look in his eyes. "I need you all there. There is no one to head Makai now, with the exception of Yusuke, Mukuro and Yomi. Go there. Now. Naoko will arrange your transport. The students will stay here, with Peter in charge. This is a direct order from Head of the Guardian Dragons, Shiyou Ruyuki!" he said.
         He collapsed. Hiei, Kurama and I looked at each other.
         "Looks like we don't have any other choice," Kurama said.
         "Convey my regrets to Yusuke," Shuura said. Though he had once founght against Yusuke he realized that the political advantages if the guy acknowledged the condolences. Kokou and Enki were his only link with his ancestor, Raizen. Hiei nodded.
         "'Nee-chan," Sukina motioned me aside. There were no other words said between us. Even demons bowed down to Gods when they gave the order. Everyone started to discuss the trip in hushed tones.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/236632