*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/244827
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Inspirational · #655260
Each day is new and wonderful. What inspired me today? Find out here.
#244827 added June 5, 2003 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
Today's Blessing(s)
Sigh. Instead of spending the day packing, I spent most of the morning at the hospital. Now, my chest pains and the mystery of their origin have cost me about 4 days. Days that I needed to make sure I was ready to move this weekend.

When I arrived at the hospital, they wouldn't let me check in at the emergency room desk like I was instructed. I trudged over to the outpatient registration, only to find a gazillion (don't you love it when I exaggerate?) other people waiting for lab tests and blood tests and day surgery.

What was the hold up? During the night, the computer folks had switched 6 big monitors for 6 thin, sleek new ones. Great. But in the process, they made it impossible for the registration clerks to log on to their computers. There was some gliche, and the computer technicians were called.

Fortunately, there was still one dinosaur computer working. So, one clerk tried to register a room full of patients. That some of us were pre-registered mattered not. We waited. The line formed at the rear.

The result of that wait was that my 7 a.m. stress test took place at about 9:30 instead. Too bad they didn't have me hooked up to monitors while I waited. I'm betting they would have gotten some good readings.

While I was having the stress test, the receptionist at the cardiologist's office called the x-ray office to let them know I probably wouldn't make my 10 a.m. appointment for my gall bladder ultrasound. I didn't.

There is good news. My EKG was the same whether I was at rest or on the treadmill.

The ultrasound showed no gall stones and no apparent reason to think I'm having gall bladder trouble.

Those are the blessings. For sure. Only problem is that now we have no idea why I'm having chest pains. Another mystery for another day, I guess.



Heart, In Love with Jesus

© Copyright 2003 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/244827