*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/248328-Memories-of-small-things
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#248328 added July 2, 2003 at 1:44pm
Restrictions: None
Memories of small things
I am 37. That is not old in my book... but I am sure to some of you it may be.
I have been having a lot of pleasant memories lately. I think it comes with having the summer off and time to stop and reflect. The other day I turned onto my parents' road- a farm and I just had to let the windows down to get that country smell in.
I wanted to go run in the pastures but my city shoes and it being hot prevented me from getting off the front getting off the front porch swing. That and being lazy. When I got ready to leave with my two sons, my Dad was walking us out to the car and a breeze started up. Just a nice country breeze with a hint of a cow smell. No not poop! Cows have a sweet type of smell about them that even I had forgot about until I smelled it. I told my Dad-- oh cow smell. He looked at me like I was nuts. I told him I had to come back and run through the pastures soon. It all reminds me of simpler days of living on the farm as a child.
Today, I was driving and saw a clothes line. I thought of how fresh sheets smell when you can hang them out. My home association doesn't even allow clothes lines. What ever is the world coming to? The simple things in life!! Are they gone or we just too busy to notice them?
© Copyright 2003 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/248328-Memories-of-small-things