*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/248981-First-impressions-of-Alaska
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #667948
A writing journal is made up of bits and pieces of ideas waiting to become a whole.
#248981 added July 7, 2003 at 9:18pm
Restrictions: None
First impressions of Alaska
July 3, 2003

As I sit by the window of the plane, I look below, seeing nothing but a solid carpet of white with tips of golden sunshine reflecting from the tips. Breaks in the clouds appear, reavealing mountain peaks topped with snow and glaciers flowing into the ocean. The black jagged peaks resemble snaggled teeth chomping at the wisps of mists wrapping themsleves around the shoulders of the mountians. As the plane continues toward the Anchorage airport, the clouds disapate, and the sun spreads its glow over the midnight world.

July 4, 2003, Sutton, Alaska

Massive mounds of coal overshadow destroyed landscapes left by mining schemes. Piles of dirt and gravel beome playgorunds for bikers and four-wheelers while majestic mountains frown in displeasure from on hihg. Batches of shivering cottonwoods glisten in the breeze that brings colling teases of refreshing, crisp air untouched by pollution. The sharp blue canopy of the sky stretches tauntly above places where fossils from ancient times are hunted and found by modern man.







Viv
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.

** Image ID #645678 Unavailable **


Use "Expert Writing Tips for writing help.
Need suggestions for public reviews? "Public Review: Tool or Weapon

© Copyright 2003 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/248981-First-impressions-of-Alaska