*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/251232-SHORT-DAWSONS-CREEK-FIC-DawsonJen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #395609
Take A Look Into The Life Of Sarah As She Grows Up.
#251232 added July 28, 2003 at 7:59am
Restrictions: None
SHORT DAWSON'S CREEK FIC: Dawson/Jen
I wrote this awhile ago after watching 'Detention'. I put it in here because ir's only a draft- I'm planning to fix it up a bit before I put it in my profile....Any feedback is welcome, though :)

Title: After Detention
Summary: Jen suddenly realizes the reason why Joy has been such a bitch to her as she watches Joey and Dawson kiss.
Category: Pacey/Jen friendship, Dawson/Jen romance
Disclaimer: Nobody from DC belong to me!
Jen watched with a sick feeling in her stomach as Dawson and Joey kissed, unaware of anyone else around them.
Relization washed over Jen as Joey ran a hand through Dawson’s hair. This was not a kiss that meant nothing.
“13...14...15...16” Abby’s delighted voice cut through Jen’s thoughts.
Dawson and Joey didn’t seem to hear her.
Jen shook her head and pushed past Abby, walking out of the stacks and over to the other side of the library, sinking down to the floor behind one of the huge chairs. She looked at the clock and sighed. It was only 2:00- she had three hours of detention to sit through.
Jen couldn’t believe how stupid she had been- she’d been in Capeside for 3 months and dating Dawson for three months. She could never figure out why Joey dispised her so much. Until now. Seeing her and Dawson kissing, it was easy to see that they were in love…Or, Joey was in love with him.
But why was Dawson allowing her to kiss him like that? Was he trying to get Jen back for kissing Pacey?
But, why should he? Their kiss was nothing- it was a dare!
But the kiss that Dawson and Joey were probably still doing was anything but.
Jen blinked back her tears and stared at her hands, it looked like she had just lost her boyfriend.

~Pacey~
Pacey frowned as he watched Dawson and Joey continue to kiss.
How could Dawson be so insensitive?
“20 seconds!” Abby shrieked, smirking.
Dawson suddenly pulled back and looked around, dazed. “What? That wasn’t 20 seconds…”
“Yes it was” Abby said in a sing song voice. “Boy, you two were on fire!”
Pacey watched as Joey coloured slightly, touching her lips descretely.
“No we weren’t” Dawson argued. He turned to look at Joey. “That kiss wasn’t 20 seconds, was it?”
She shrugged uncomfortably.
“Instead of worrying about how long the kiss was” Pacey spoke up. “Shouldn’t you be worried about where your girlfriend is?”
Dawson seemed to notice for the first time that Jen wasn’t there. “Where did she go?” He asked, looking around him.
“She ran off” Abby said in a bored voice, crossing her arms.
“Why would she do that?” Dawson questioned.
“Oh for God’s sake!” Pacey burst out, amazed at his stupidity. “How did you feel when you saw Jen and I kissing?”
“I-I didn’t mind. It was a dare” Dawson lied, avoiding Pacey’s eyes.
“Come off it, Dawson, you were practically turning green” Abby laughed.
“Well-well, did you see where she went?” Dawson asked.
Pacey shook his head.
Joey snorted. “How childish. Running off like that. I thought she was supposed to be tough”
Pacey glared at her and started to walk off in the direction Jen had gone. “Since all you three want to do is stand here and talk, *I’ll* go and find her”

Dawson watched as Pacey walked off and ran a hand through his hair.
“How could you do that?” He demanded, turning to Joey.
“Me? How could *I* do that?” Joey asked in disbelief. “Correct me if I’m wrong, Dawson, but doesn’t it take two people to kiss?”
“Yes” Abby piped up. “And you looked pretty comfortable with it from here, Dawson. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jen dumps you”
Dawson glared at her. “I don’t remember asking your oppinion, Abby” He turned back to Joey. “For God’s sake, couldn’t you have just told Pacey who you liked?”
Abby snorted. “Because she likes you, Dawson, you!”
“Shut up!” Joey snapped, stalking off in the opposite direction to Pacey.
Dawson thought for a moment before going after her. Jen probably wouldn’t want to speak to him anyway.

Pacey took one more quickly look around the library before slumping down in one of the armchairs that were used for reading. He had looked everywhere but couldn’t find Jen. He assumed that she had left the library and gone home. He bent over to pick up a magazine that was lying on the round table in front of him and raised his eyebrows in surprise as Jen looked up at him from her position on the floor.
“What are you doing down there?” PAcey asked, surprised.
“Hiding” Jen admitted, standing up and sitting down in the armchair next to Pacey.
“I don’t blame you” Pacey said.
Jen just stared at the floor.
“It was only a kiss, Jen. I know it looked bad, but it was only a dare” Even as he said it, he knew how stupid it sounded.
“No, our kiss was just a dare” Jen stated. “Their kiss was…it was obvious that they have feelings for each other” Her eyes filled with tears and she looked away. “I really like Dawson, but I can’t believe I was so blind to the fact that he has feelings for Joey”
Pacey shook his head. “You weren’t blind, Jen. Dawson doesn’t have any feelings for Joey- it’s all her. She’s only started this whole ‘love’ thing because you’re spending a lot of time with Dawson and he doesn’t spend as much time with her. Dawson’s totally fallen for you. Why do you think he got so pissed off that I told you about his old nickname?”
“Then why did he let her kiss him like that?” Jen demanded softly.
“He doesn’t think it went on that long” Pacey replied, rolling his eyes. “He looked really worried when I told him you walked off”
“Yeah, well, he and Joey have things to talk about” Jen said. “And I’m not going to interfere”

Dawson found Joey at the back of the library, sitting on one of the step ladders used to reach books on the high shelves.
She rolled her eyes when he approached.
“What’s going on?” He asked, leaning against the back wall.
“What do you mean?”
“Ever since Jen came to town, you’ve been acting really weird. I know you think that I haven’t noticed all the little remarks you make to Jen. At first I ignored them, but I’ve seen how much they hurt her and I want to know why you’re doing these things” Dawson crossed his arms.
“I don’t like her” Joey said simply. “I can’t help it”
“There has to be something more” Dawson pressed. “Come on, you can tell me anything”
“Okay! I’ve sort of…I don’t know. Everytime I see you two together, I feel angry. I see you holding her hand, kissing her and I get jealous. I don’t care what Abby says, I don’t have feelings for you, but I don’t want you to be with anyone. You’ll forget about me” Joey glared at him, as if everything were his fault.
“That won’t happen” Dawson assured her.
“It already has!” Joey burst out. “You’re spending all your time with her! You never talk to me anymore- and when you do, it’s always Jen, Jen, Jen”
“She’s my girlfriend!” Dawson snapped at her, getting angry. “You know how I feel about her. You know what I went throught to get her to like me…I thought you understood”
Joey stared at the ground.
“Can’t you try to get on with her?” Dawson pleaded. “It would mean a lot to me”
Joey sighed unhappily. “Fine. But I’m not promising we’ll suddenly be best friends or anything”
Dawson smiled at her, giving her a quick hug. “Thanks, Jo.”





Jen glared at Mrs. Tringle’s back as she sauntered out of the library.
Mrs. Tringle had just told them that for the remaining hour of detention they had to sit around a small round table and ask questions about each other since the reason why most of them had been on detention was not thinking of others.
Jen glanced across the table at Joey and looked away quickly.
“Who wants to start first?” Abby piped up cheerfully.
“You’re not going to tell me that we’re actually going to do this, are you?” Joey asked.
“Well, Mrs. Tringle said we had to” Abby replied.
“She’ll never now if we don’t” PAcey reminded Abby.
“She will if I tell her” Abby snapped. “Fine, I’ll go first”
Jen cringed as Abby’s eyes rested on her.
“Jen, how do you feel about Dawson and Joey’s kiss?”
“No comment” Jen said flatly, avoiding Dawson’s eyes like she had for the past 3 hours.
“Mrs. Tringle’s just out there…” Abby trailed off.
“Fine. I feel hurt about Joey and Dawson’s kiss” Jen snapped.
“Your turn” Abby grinned, crossing her legs.
“Pacey- what’s your favourite colour?” Jen asked dully.
“Red” Pacey replied. “Joey, are you ever going to grow out of being a bitch?”
“No” Joey said simply.
Jen looked up and saw a evil glint in Joey’s eye as she turned to Dawson.
“Dawson, did you enjoy our kiss?” She asked sweetly.
Jen stared at Dawson.
“No!” He said immediately. “I didn’t” He said to Jen, looking at her with pleading eyes.
Jen just looked away.
“Your turn to ask a question” Abby told him.
“Do you ever shut up?” Dawson said angrily.
“Nope” Abby smirked. “Jen, do you think Joey and Dawson would make a good couple?”
Jen felt her cheeks redden as she struggled to keep her temper. She was about to make a sharp retort when the doors to the library opened and Mrs. Tringle hurried in, looking flustered.
“You kids can go early- I forgot I had important dinner guests coming to dinner tonight- I have to get home” She turned and practically ran out of the library.
Jen jumped up and slung her back over her shoulder, rushing out of the library before Dawosn could catch up with her.

Dawson walked through the pathway to the Ruins, kicking a rock along in front of him.
He’d tried to catch up with Jen when he’d gotten out of the school grounds, but she had already run off, leaving him to walk home by himself, feeling horrible.
He stopped in surprise as he saw Jen sitting on one of the stone benches, staring out at the pond where ducks were floating along, watching the sunset.
She jumped as he came to stand in front of her.
“Great minds think alike, huh?” She asked, not looking at him.
“I’m surprised that you’re still talking to me” Dawson replied, sitting down next to her.
“Me too”
“It was only a dare, Jen” Dawson told her seriously.
“Everyone keeps tell me that!” She burst out. “But you looked like you were enjoying it”
“I wasn’t” Dawson insisted.
“You can’t tell me you don’t know that Joey has feelings for you”
Dawson was silent for a moment and saw Jen tense up. “I know now” He admitted, sitting down next to her. “But it doesn’t change the way I feel about you. At all. Joey means nothing more to me than a friend, no matter what her feelings for me are”

Jen turned towards Dawson slightly.
“Do you have any idea how I felt watching you and her kiss?”
“Probably about the same way I did when you and Pacey were kissing”
“No” Jen shook her head, looking back out over the water. “I felt…stupid. I’d been wondering why Joey seemed to hate me so much and seeing you two together just made it clear- she loves you. I-I can’t compete with that” Jen was embarrassed to feel a tear slowly making it’s way down her cheek.
Dawson groaned in frustration. “You don’t have to compete with Joey! I feel no romantic feelings for her whatsoever…It’s you that I want, Jen. It has since the moment you stepped out of that cab.”
Jen glanced at him and saw that he was serious. “You’re saying that even now, when you know how Joey feels about you, you still want to go out with me?”
“Of course I do” Dawson replied. “So can we just forget about the last few hours?”
Jen smiled at him. “I’d like that”
She snuggled up to him as he put an arm around her and they both watched as the remaining sunlight filtered away and they were lit up by the moonlight and stars.

The End!

I know the ending is a bit...fairytale-ish, but that's the part I'm working on.
I just wanted to put it up and see what ppl think.


~~Piper: I'm getting stalked by psycho killers and I hide in the shower!
Piper/Leo Harry/Ginny Ron/Hermione Dawson/Jen Pacey/Audrey Steph/Max Jack/Nina
Brooke/Deacon Amber/Rick~~

© Copyright 2003 Impossible_Princess (UN: duckling at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Impossible_Princess has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/251232-SHORT-DAWSONS-CREEK-FIC-DawsonJen