*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/252168-The-Coolness-Of-A-Friend
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #554904
Just Jul Lee is just me. I write my thoughts and observations.
#252168 added August 5, 2003 at 1:09pm
Restrictions: None
The Coolness Of A Friend
THE COOLNESS OF A FRIEND
DATE: August 5, 2003


Contrary to what the title implies, I am not speaking of how awesome my friend is. It's much more complicated than that.

So long ago I felt so special, now as I think back to the phone called placed to those that made me feel special, I weep.

Or at least I want to weep. I'm at work so I don't have that liberty.

She was so cool, so unconcerned that I had called. I felt my heart shatter as she didn't respond with any joy or any emotion at all. Am I so worthless to them?

Truly, the falling out between me and the son was just a little of too much time together. Now, no one cares.

And so, the coolness of a friend is just that, the aloof response to my joy, the crushing of my happiness and the bringing of tears to my eyes.

Thanks for listening.

Here is a cool sig designed just for me!  Woo-Hoo!

© Copyright 2003 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/252168-The-Coolness-Of-A-Friend