*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/258313-June-25-2003-biancab
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
June 25, 2003: bianca_b

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

Welcome to the Noticing Newbies Newsletter! Our goal is to showcase some of our newest Writing.Com Authors and their items. From poetry and stories to creative polls and interactives, we'll bring you a wide variety of items to enjoy. We will also feature "how to" advice and items that will help to jump start the creation process on Writing.com.

We hope all members of the site take the time to read, rate, review and welcome our new authors. By introducing ourselves, reviewing items and reaching out, we will not only make them feel at home within our community, we just might make new friends!
Your editor this week : bianca_b


Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor

From a “Newbie” to Newbies…

Strange title, to start with, isn’t it? Especially for a mod, who isn’t a Newbie on the site. I am however a newbie in editing this newsletter, so we have a “connection” here. A connection, newcomers on the site can use – to find their way around in Writing.com.

You shared your first work – poetry or prose on the site. What is going to happen?

Your work appears in a listing on Writing.com. Depending on genre, everybody can read and review your work. Many people take the time to point out points that can be improved, to make your work better, more fluid.Use these tips – and write a thank you note to your reviewer!

“Gee… but that is too much work.”
“Why do they point out my errors? I didn’t ask for that?”

These two sentences have been responses in the past to people who did review and gave tips to improve other people’s work. In a way I think it is sad when people react this way… it makes me wonder, why people start to write and post their work here on the site. While the main reason to show your work here, is to get feedback and improve your work accordingly. These reactions hurt people who took the time to write a review for them.

More often we read: “Thank you, for your review! I am glad you liked my work and I’ve corrected the errors you pointed out to me…”

That makes a reviewer happy! He or she will come back to read more of your work and tries to encourage you. You are the one that counts. Especially, while your reviewer didn’t forget his (or her) first days on Writing.com. They started in the same way you just did. They posted their first piece, waiting for someone to come and read it. They were encouraged in the same way as you were. Some of them have become published authors. But without the help of their friends… they wouldn’t have reached their goal.

Newbies can post their work in several forums to get more reviews for their work.
I’ll mention a few:
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor
Newbies from 0-60 days can post up to 3 items per week for review. Four teams and a team of floaters are taking turns in reviewing.
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor
Newbies from 0-60 days can post their work for review – there is also a weekly contest in that forum.

Meet@Greet
Noticing Newbies  [13+]
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
by The StoryMistress
Pop in, drop a note and let us know you are here. Older members take the time to guide you, answer questions and review your work.

Well… I can go on with this list, but I think it is time to read some works of new members, that I found while reading…


Editor's Picks

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#707200 by Not Available.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#706708 by Not Available.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#706694 by Not Available.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#706687 by Not Available.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#706742 by Not Available.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#706776 by Not Available.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#704959 by Not Available.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#707202 by Not Available.


They are worth a visit - give them a warm welcome on Writing.com
 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer


 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 09-25-03 @ 12:12am | Modified: 09-25-03 @ 12:12am      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/258313-June-25-2003-biancab