*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/260359
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#260359 added October 21, 2003 at 11:01pm
Restrictions: None
The Apple of my eye
         It was late the next morning when Kurama dropped me off at the orphanage. Everyone was out to school except Mama Ikari, head of the orphanage. She was not that surprised to see me.
         "Sukina-chan told me that you would be coming. So, when are the two of you leaving?" she asked me, drying her hands on the towel while making me sit.
         "Su will be going on her own, Obaa-san. You know that she can take care of herself," I said. No one knew about the true nature of our work.
         "You're right," she said, before changing the subject.

*****


         My sister was surprised when she did not see any of the children playing outside when she came home. Even the neighbourhood kids were nowhere to be seen. All of us were inside, with the kids listening to me regale half-forgotten myths and legends of ancient times. I told them the story of how Singapore got it's name (NOT the Disney version. That was untrue at all! *Frown*)
         My sister stood at the door, a soft smile on her face. Later she told me how much I reminded her of the times when her mom would sit on the floor and do nothing but tell her stories all day too. I gathered her into my arms and held her. She held on to me as well. I buried my nose in her hair... My sister was my life... she always had been.
         "When will you be leaving?" she asked me.
         "As soon as I meet Koenma. That will be either tomorrow or the day after," I said.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/260359