*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/264204-Mary-Sue-Its-a-sad-day-for-me
by Circe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Friendship · #589633
This would be my journal...
#264204 added November 1, 2003 at 3:48pm
Restrictions: None
Mary Sue. It's a sad day for me.


Date: 2 November
Time: 7.37am
Listening to:My Immortal’ Evanescence
Writing: NaNo and this…
Mood: Pouty.


Have spent the night flicking back and forth between writing my nano and reading Mary-Sue reports. Which, of course, is leading me to ask that inevitable question:

Are my characters Mary Sues?

Eik! It’s s horrible thought, but also pretty relevant. Diantha’s the one mostly on my mind since she’s in my NaNo novel, but Sable from my fantasy novel is also nagging at me. Unfortunately I think both of them border on Mary-Suedom. Badness.

Will use a form thingy off the sites I’ve been on and will be as harsh as if they were someone else’s characters

TITLE: "Invalid Item
FANDOM: Harry Potter

FULL NAME: Diantha Pirotess Slytherin/le Fay A bloody long name
SPECIES: Human/Witch
HAIR (include adjectives): red, blood red, dark red Yes, I admit to using blood red a few to many times.
EYES (include adjectives): grey eyes, pale eyes. Dear God, they change occasionally and can look darker.
LOOK: She’s beautiful. She is, in fact, the most beautiful girl in Slytherin.
MARKINGS: a scar under her eye, a snake tattoo on her arm
POSESSIONS: The Sword of Slytherin- Nenda, A snake called Thora, two cats, and a horse called Medea. Bloody hell

ORIGIN: Started out as the only child of the le Fay family, but mysteriously developed a brother AND a dead sister as the series progressed. And, oh the ANGST. Cannot forget to mention the bloody angst!
CONNECTIONS TO CANON: Snape’s favourite student, Draco’s sex bunny at one point, sees Sirus after he’s dead, is possessed by Tom Riddle- Dear God, someone shoot me now!
SPECIAL ABILITIES: Is ‘The Heir of Slytherin.’ Is a parseltounge, and amazing swordwoman, has prophetic dreams, can command her sword to come to her.
Red. oh, and can speak telepathically with the Heir of Ravenclaw.
NOTES: Manages to be a complete bitch to almost everyone and yet no one has smacked her in the head for it.
REDEEMING QUALITIES: Umm, is sometimes nice to people? Actually, I cannot think of one redeeming feature. She did help to defeat quite a few big bads but only because she had to really.


Hello, Mary Sue. Ouch.

Okay, this is the one that’s really going to hurt: *takes a deep breath*


TITLE OF WORK: "Invalid Item

FULL NAME, INCLUDING TITLES: Sable Belldark. Although, it’s never made clear whether this is her actual surname or not
FULL SPECIES(ES): human
HAIR COLOUR (INCLUDE ADJECTIVES): Black, coal black, ebony, ink black seems rather popular.
EYE COLOUR: grey eyes ‘that seemed too expressive and knowing for someone as young as her’ I shit you not.
UNUSUAL MARKINGS/COLOURATIONS: she’s pale.
SPECIAL POSSESSIONS/PETS: a necklace that the witch who is training her gave to her, her dead lovers wedding ring from his dead wife (!!), said dead lovers sword, a good helping of angst, and, of course, a destiny. Why do all fantasy women have destinies?
ANNOYING SIDEKICKS: Many sidekicks though out the story. Hell, everyone could count as her sidekick since they all revolve around her. A prince, an Aragorn-rip off, a forest nymph, a pointless little girl, three warriors who you can barely tell apart except that one is a women, a witch,

ANNOYING ORIGIN: Is the only child of a Priestess and a farmer. Mother died when she was five (Cue Angst) and she’s determined to not follow in her footsteps. Has horrible family. More Angst. Almost everyone she even speaks to ends up dying horribly leading to Ang- you get it by now, right?
ANNOYING WAY OF RUINING THE STORY:. by being little Miss I Must Angst Over My Dead Mother And My Horrid Destiny At Every Turn. Boo-fuckin-hoo
ANNOYING SPECIAL ABILITIES: Can talk to wolves. No, really. has mad fightin’ skillz. And can, obviously, close an evil energy doorway that will destroy the world. The ability to make Caden follow her around like a lost puppy.
REDEEMING QUALITIES: Is not perfect at everything, is not a stunning beauty, is, thankfully, not a better warrior than people who have been doing it for years, does actually grow up quite a bit during the course of the book.

*sobs* My Sable! I swear that wasn’t me writing all that stuff. That was just vicious! *hides* I have such high hopes for Sable! Why? Why must she be a Mary Sue?? *Pouts quietly before going back to her nano novel*

Actually, just thought of something. Sable is the only straight female character I have. All the others are bi. All of them. and yet I know emphatically that Sable is straight. What’s up with that? Although, if someone reads Gateway and decides to write some Naia/Sable slash I would be more than happy to read it. ^_^ Dude, I need to be published so people will write all these weird Gateway pairings. That would rock, dude. I can just imagine stumbling onto the site and seeing something like… *thinks* Tane/Jay. And even though that pairing makes no sense cause of the timing and everything I’d still have to read it…and then make it canon. (Although, would have to bring someone back from the dead to do it…)

I feel the need to read someone else’s work on here and write wacky pairings from it. Any volunteers? ^_^



** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Eomer spoke first. “Look for your Merry, but do not trust a hope.” His eyes looked toward the non-horizon. “It has forsaken these lands.”

Aragorn thought Eomer was a touch dramatic.

"Invalid Item

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

My Fantasy Novel-
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2003 Circe (UN: circe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Circe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/264204-Mary-Sue-Its-a-sad-day-for-me