*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/266925-Need-More-Dead-Kennedys
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#266925 added November 21, 2003 at 1:22am
Restrictions: None
Need More Dead Kennedys
May I state that as much as I believe schadenfreude is sinful, I’m so glad the Kennedy family has been culled over the years.
Bobby – bobby was the one for whom we should all feel a sense of loss. Jack wasn’t all that great, frankly. Deeply immoral sexually, and hypocritical in his politics against organized crime, he also led the U.S. into war in Vietnam that so severed the nation that it has yet to truly recover. Jack was a good president, I would attest, particularly because of his work in maintaining the Cold War status of the nation at a time when the Soviets were ascendant. And his assassination was a deep loss for the nation – and indeed he was not replaced by a man of as much potential in LBJ (a woman I know swears it was LBJ who had him assassinated, but really, who the fuck cares at this point in our history?).

The whole Camelot thing pisses me off to no end. A bootlegger, an organized crime capo, essentially, in Joe Kennedy, single-handedly pushes his offspring into positions of power that are undeserved. If ever people in this country should take note of the axiom that it’s not WHAT you know, but who… it’s in the Kennedy family.

I find it amusing that karma or god or providence has consistently pointed out to the nation of celebrity worshippers that the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
When John Jr. died, I have to tell you, my initial reaction remains. Thank god. The legend is over. We’re all but done with those assholes. Carolyne is worthy of my respect in this fact only: She stays in her private world. For the rest of them, they used their positions as levers, and I pity their losses not a bit.
Ah, but Jacqueline. She was the true victim of that family. Thank heavens that she passed from this world before her beloved son. That her husband fucked a long line of women perhaps with, perhaps without her knowledge, that alone is what makes me so angry at JFK. If you can’t be satisfied with one woman, then don’t fucking get married. Go live in Europe with the romantics. I really hate infidelity. I hate the notion of taking the one relationship that should be sacrosanct (did I use that word correctly, no dictionary here) and pissing all over it in the name of sexual release.
Good lord, god gave man hands with which to masturbate… well, some men just don’t give a shit. For some men, orgasms are no more meaningful than gas. That’s why I don’t like men, of course. That’s why I identify with women in so many ways.

Here we are at another 5-year interval of JFK’s death, and everyone is all over it. Good god, it was 40 years ago. Where was I when JFK got shot? Half my chromosomes were buried in my mother’s ovaries and the other half weren’t even created yet. They were scattered around a thousand miles of farmland, present only in protein chains of apples and cows and potatoes that my father would someday eat.

Fuck Kennedy. Fuck the Kennedys.



It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn

© Copyright 2003 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/266925-Need-More-Dead-Kennedys