*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/270060-NOTICE-Updated-Email-Server-Upgrade-Status
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#270060 added December 20, 2003 at 3:39pm
Restrictions: None
[NOTICE] Updated: Email Server Upgrade Status
Greetings,

Here's an update on the email server since the last one posted:

Email Problems Now Fixed:
-- The "N/A" new message count has been corrected after much research. It is back to normal. Please note that "normal" means that it checks for new mail in your account once every 30 to 90 seconds. This has helped to curb the load to the mailserver in the past and we'll be keeping it in place, I think. Depending on how the page loads fall, it IS possible for you to see "No new messages" but still see new mail in your inbox. It just arrived between that 30 to 90 second window.

-- The other "Timeout" issues should all be corrected.

-- The spam filter had not been setup correctly before the move; so there were about 2 days of unfiltered email. Sorry about that! It's fixed now and all mail is being filtered again.

-- The link to the "Trash" folder has been corrected. Members who clicked the link earlier today were seeing no mail, when there was some there. I had incorrectly made the link to the trash mailbox.

-- Problems with changing email passwords have been corrected; if you still receive an error with your email box, please change your password again to correct the problem - I saw only a couple people with problems and I fixed them myself.



Updates On Progress:
-- The email area's header interface has been updated! It is now much cleaner and a bit easier to read. The trash link has been moved to the end of your folder list for easier access. The icons in the header (inbox, new msg, etc) are all clickable now as well.

-- The mail area now includes mail space quota information. Please note that these quotas are being enforced, so if you are at 100% or near it, you may be missing out on new email. Email that comes in over the quota is returned to the sender with a note about your full email box. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding in our effort to conserve our resources!

-- Please note that some quotas may not have been correctly updated. After we transfer email, we have to re-check the quota; the processes that do these things are run separately and so there may be a time delay of a few hours. This is only because of the email transfer and will not be a normal issue.

-- Email data transfer is still underway for inactive accounts. We are still bumping accounts that become active to the top of the to-be-transferred queue.




Please reference the previous message(s) for more details if needed.

We'll send a full sitewide announcement once the complete email upgrade is finished. That should be Sunday evening. *Smile*

Thanks and have a wonderful weekend,
~~SM


The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Community
[Click For More Info]

This is a test, so thanks for working with me to build the community! *^*Smile*^*
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support

© Copyright 2003 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/270060-NOTICE-Updated-Email-Server-Upgrade-Status