*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/271985-Its-Been-So-Long
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#271985 added January 6, 2004 at 11:14pm
Restrictions: None
It's Been So Long!
The holidays are over and it's back to the daily grind. It's amazing to realize how quickly time slips away.

Christmas was bittersweet. We had a good time just bonding with family, but it was tough without my sister-in-law and with my dog gone. We showered each other with way too many presents, just showing love and appreciation for one another I guess. It somehow made us feel better to perform a horrid display of materialism for some reason!

I made out like a bandit this year, so I must have been a really good girl. I have found myself hooked on a website one of my colleagues recommended called Musicmatch. I have spent countless hours downloading my CD's as well as everyone else's I know and then burning MP3's that I can play on my new car stereo. It's quite addictive.

I also found a new addiction through some software I bought...Family Tree Maker. I don't know how I got so hooked on genealogy, but I feel like an old retired person combing through the records trying to discover my ancestry.

My friend Robin came down for a week over the holidays, and we had a great time reliving the old days. We went out most nights and spent most days sleeping off the effects. However, we realized it was a much slower process than we remembered. Maybe we're getting old???

For New Year's we got a hotel room in downtown Houston and went to a club called The Mercury Room. If you're ever in Houston, I highly recommend it. They have a live band downstairs that plays a variety of music, mostly 70's through the 90's, lots of Motown music. Upstairs is an extension called the Boaka Bar that plays hip hop. We danced and drank and stumbled back to our hotel in the wee hours, with me yelling "Merry New Year" to all who crossed our path (You have to know the movie "Coming to America" to get a full appreciation for the total ass I made out of myself!). Anyhow, we had a great time and I was sad to see my good friend go home, but I think we both need the recuperation time after the crazy week!

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/271985-Its-Been-So-Long