*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/272565-Unofficial-Question-for-January-11th-2004
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #324362
a fun journal for breaking through writers block
#272565 added January 11, 2004 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
Unofficial Question for January 11th 2004
If you discovered yourself to be Omnipotent, (along the category of Bruce Almighty) what would you do? What would you change?

Remember to state your reasons and support your thesis.


If I were omnipotent, what would I change? Why nothing at all, of course.

If I were omnipotent I would know that there is nothing to be changed. Everything is, was, and will be as it should be. If I were omnipotent there would be no mystery, I would know what life is really about and I would know that perfection in unchangeable.

But I am not omnipotent, so I struggle with the desire to change the past so I can have an easier future. I do not trust living by the faith that nothing will happen which isn't suppose to happen; even to realize that my lack of faith is suppose to be. That is what makes life so interesting and so damned painful. Tonight, I accept - through this imagining at least - that I'm a little bit on the edge of omnipotence and I know, through inner faith, that nothing has occurred which wasn't meant to be. I can see the positive side to all the despair and pain in the world past, present and future. But, because I am only on the edge of omnipotence, I cannot see the final goal to it all or the ultimate reason behind why things have to be the way they are. So I continue to struggle and I grieve for the pain and the despair in the world and within my sphere of existance.

         The truth is that life is hard and dangerous;
         That he who seeks his own happiness does not find it;
         That he who is weak must suffer;
         That he who demands love will be disappointed;
         That he who is greedy will not be fed;
         That he who seeks peace will find strife;
         That truth is only for the brave;
         That joy is only for him who does not fear to be alone;
         That life is only for the one who is not afraid to die.

                   Joyce Cary



         Remember, you cannot abandon what you do not know.
         To go beyond yourself; you must know yourself.

                   Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj


Take care and may your road lead to only good places.

Deb

Compassion and the effort to try and understand some thing that was not understood before is a step toward acceptance not only of others but most importantly of yourself.

Alternate Worlds Explored Archive b/j  (13+)
a fun journal for breaking through writers block
#324362 by DyrHearte writes


Gift from Jilley's Petey

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#218031 by Not Available.
~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~

© Copyright 2004 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/272565-Unofficial-Question-for-January-11th-2004