*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/276519-OBEY-GRAVITY-its-the-LAW
Rated: 18+ · Book · None · #488496
Only rule you must follow if you know me: You can't get mad at me for what I write.
#276519 added February 8, 2004 at 2:13am
Restrictions: None
OBEY GRAVITY, it's the LAW!
Why is it that me, Steve, and my Mum are the only ones that see where I'm coming from with this college situation. If anyone else hears about it, I'm automatically wrong. "Drop out of college? No! Bad! Stay in!" The question still reamins though. "For what?"

My motivation for being in college is really low. I have nothing to shoot for. I'm getting a degree for...yeah, that's it. I know if I stay in college, my motivation will only drop. It'll eventually go so low that I'd end up failing out. Apparently that's more important to some people.

Then there's that question I always get. "Do you want to work at Stop and Shop your whole life?" C'mon, did anyone really think I'd say no? I'm the only one that works there that actually likes their job! I go beyond that, I love it. YES, I want to work there the rest of my life. NO, you can't change that. I don't think people get that Stop and Shop is not a dead-end job. I'm not going to be making $7 an hour being a cashier my entire life. My cousin Robbie has worked there his entire life and he makes a good living. He's just a produce clerk. I'm not going to be living in my parents house forever. I've been told by many managers that I have the potential of being an awesome grocery manager. They make good money.

Who knows? Maybe I will go back. Maybe this is a huge mistake. Ity's my life though, no one can tell me how to run it because they aren't me. Not going to college doesn't mean you're going to be a failure. My dad never went to college, he's the best electrician in New England. Makes a hell of a lot of money. Being in college doesn't make winners. They just get ahead of all the others.

If I can move up, and I need a degree to do it, then there's some motivation. I'll have something to shoot for. But now? I just want to work. Make money, get my own place, live on my own. Can anyone seriously tell me what's wrong with that?

© Copyright 2004 MajikRobot (UN: majikrobot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MajikRobot has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/276519-OBEY-GRAVITY-its-the-LAW