*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277654-Our-Ancient-Homeland
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #800641
My book. Does it have any possiblities, or not?
#277654 added March 19, 2004 at 6:29pm
Restrictions: None
Our Ancient Homeland
Mews, Dear Human,

Today we read a story about a space ship. It was really a rather funny story, because the beings in the story didn’t know anything about space ships. Afterwards I colored the pictures in my workbook. I wish I had a giant box of crayons with gold and silver in it. I am going to ask my pawpa to buy me a box. I colored the space ship green since I didn’t have a silver crayon. It looked really silly.

When I got home, I asked my mewma about the space ships we came here on. I thought she had been on one of them. Hee hee. But she laughed when I said that and told me she wasn’t that old! She said her great great great grandmew had been only a wee kitt on the huge silver ship that came to this planet. Her name was Mimeenah also.

Paawpa said it took the ships many months to travel here, and that many other ships went out to other planets too. It must have been exciting to have been on one of those ships traveling so fast through the blackness of space. I wonder how it would have felt to land on a strange new planet?

Mewma also told me that it was the goddess Tasheraling that had commanded us to come here. She is a gentle and protective goddess. Here she became known as Bastet.

I asked her why we had come, and she told me that it was our destiny to go to all the inhabited planets in the galaxy and to help teach the beings we found on them the power of the purr.

When we first came here, we were much larger, but over the eons of time we became small, and many of our kind slipped back into wildness. But there are still many communities of us scattered around the planet who remember the old ways and practice them.

I was surprised to find that not only had we migrated to many planets in the galaxy, but that there were still many of us on the planet of Makreel, our ancient homeland. Maybe someday I will travel there myself. I wonder what our home looks like?

Purrs, Mim

© Copyright 2004 Cynaemon (UN: noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cynaemon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277654-Our-Ancient-Homeland