*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278980-The-Makreela-Doll
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #800641
My book. Does it have any possiblities, or not?
#278980 added April 3, 2004 at 1:25am
Restrictions: None
The Makreela Doll
Mews, Dear Human

This is the second day of the Festival, and I went to the Carnival, which was set up on the shore of Golden Lake. I watched the Awards Ceremony of the teams who had participated in the Fishing Derby, and I saw my cousin SnowLing, and her friends, who had been on one team. They were being awarded the Prize for the most Unusual Catch. Kitty the Great had caught an old tyre, and two old boots. Kitty the Great laughed as he was handed the award, which was really the Booby prize. Then he announced that his catch would be donated to the City Council, who would use it to make a swing in the new Playground. I clapped and laughed along with Kitty and all the other cats. It will be great to have a new swing.

I bought tickets for the rides with toonas that my Grandpurrs had given me. I rode on the Merry-Go-Round, and then slid down the Giant Slide. Last of all I rode on my favorite, the Ferris wheel. It was a huge Wheel, and it went up, up, up into the sky until I could see to the far side of Golden Lake. Oh, mew. What fun it would be to be a bird and to be able to fly up so high. Afterwards, I wandered around looking at all the neat things. I only had a few toonas left, and I couldn’t decide whether to try a game or buy Cottnip Candy. Then I saw her cousin Daenida, and her handsome wink-wink Cookie, and waved to them.

“Hugs and Purrs, Little Mim,” they called. “Are you having fun?”

“Hugs and Purrs,” I answered. “Yes. I am having ever so much fun.” Cookie had won a giant Teddy Bear for Daenida, which I stared at with longing. I wished I was clever enough to win soething.

Cookie punched me in the arm, and said, “Come on kiddo, I will win something fur you too.”

“Oh, thank mew. Oh, mew,” I said and my voice came out in a tiny squeak. And before I knew it, we were all standing in front of one of the game booths, and Cookie was throwing balls at Milk Bottles. One, two, three, he threw in quick succession, and all the milk bottles were on the ground. Cookie is quite an expert at the game. I picked a small lavender kitt with a crown, who was supposed to represent the Makreela.

“Thank mew so much Cookie”, I said. He really is such a dear, and my cousin is very lucky to have him.

“No problem, kiddo”, he replied. “You better run along now, and find your Mewm and Pawp. The Fireworks will be starting soon.”

I hugged her new doll and ran off smiling. I found her Mewm and Pawp and we all sat together in the stands and watched the fireworks show. There were Rockets, and Candles, and Wheels and Sparklers that soared over the crowd and burst in patterns of colorful flowers, or rained down like lovely fountains. And last there was a giant green Blight Dragon, which was chased away by a rain of purple cats that fell in fountains. The crowd clapped and laughed when that happened.

I have had such fun this year, and tomorrow will be the very best day. Maybe I will be chosen to end the Festival.

Hugs and Purrs, Mim



© Copyright 2004 Cynaemon (UN: noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cynaemon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278980-The-Makreela-Doll