*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/279087-Nascar-contest--Now-were-talkin
by Zaring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #809654
A journal for my life. Inspired by Wannabe's DWC.
#279087 added March 6, 2004 at 6:21pm
Restrictions: None
Nascar contest. Now we're talkin'!
Hershey is doing a promotion. I love Hershey promotions, they‘re always so fun!

All regular size Hershey candy bars will be 50 cents. First prize will go to the store that has the highest percent increase in sales, and has the best display. This one is so up my alley! The display revolves around Nascar. Do you have any idea how much Nascar stuff I have in my home?

I called my son and told him to start getting stuff together. We have a display to build! “What does first place get mom?”

“You’ll never believe it. It includes weekend passes to the Texas Motor Speedway April 3rd and 4th, an overnight stay in that way expensive hotel. The package is worth two thousand dollars and an additional $400.00 spending money!”

He was thrilled!

I called Kim and told her she could have the cruise, (I quit selling hearts after I found out about the cruise, I just don‘t agree with it!) I was winning the Nascar weekend! She said no way, she was going to win that! When I called her later, she was at Wally world buying Nascar stuff. HUH!

I came home where I found all my Nascar stuff in the middle of the living room floor! The Dale Earnhardt memorial beany baby in a clear plastic container along with the number three race car model. My autographed Dale Jr. poster, the poster of Dale Sr., The newspaper clippings from Jr’s first two wins of the season, the Mark Martin stand up, the little ceramic bear that is wearing the Dale Jr. hat and shades and is holding a little #8 car, the # 8 license plate and the #3 license plate, the playing cards, the Kyle Petty autographed T-shirt...

This is going to be a blast!
© Copyright 2004 Zaring (UN: ginafry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zaring has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/279087-Nascar-contest--Now-were-talkin