*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/279598-What-is-the-deal-with-me-and-keys
by Zaring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #809654
A journal for my life. Inspired by Wannabe's DWC.
#279598 added March 6, 2004 at 6:09pm
Restrictions: None
What is the deal with me and keys?
I can not fathom, how I could lock myself out of the car again! I wasn’t even in a hurry this time.

It’s Friday night, I was pretty laid back. The end of the week is here, I had survived. It’s all good! I stopped at the store on my way home from work. I had decided to load up with groceries and necessities so I could just spend my weekend resting up. I don’t want to have to go out for anything. I just want sleep!

I pulled into the driveway at about 4:30. I hit lock all (AGAIN) instead of unlock all and didn’t even realize it. I strolled around to the passenger door, lifted the handle broke a nail. Damn, I did it again. I am forty years old and have never locked myself out...until a couple months ago.

First I called my store and asked Justin for the number of the guy that got me in the car the last time.

“Justin, this is not funny! Just give me the phone number!” I called the number and of course, there was no answer. He was out on another call. I couldn’t wait, everything would thaw out!

I grabbed the phone book and looked up the number...

A-1 Locksmith, may we help you?

Oh no, it’s the “Another Day in My Life” relived.

At least I made it home before I locked myself out of the car this time. But I need a locksmith to open it so I can get my groceries out.

It will be $40.00.

Now, already going through this once with my friend, I knew to make sure everything was finalized before hanging up the phone.

That'll be fine.

What is your address? Make and model of the car? Cash or credit?

Everything was falling into place nicely. I told him I’d pay cash. I was going to send my son over to QT to hit the ATM machine. Everything was settled and finalized and they would be right here.

Immediately after I hung up the phone, I realized I would be unable to send my son over to get the cash because my debit card was in my wallet, which was in my purse, which was locked in the car!

"A-1 locksmith, may we help you?"

"Yes, I just called. I can’t pay by cash because my ATM card is in my purse, which is locked in the car."

"Do you have a check in that purse?"

"Yes."

"We’ll take a check. We’ll be there shortly."

"Oh, ok thanks."

45 minutes later...

"A-1 Locksmith, may we help you?"

"Can you give me an ETA on the locksmith?"

"He’s real close to you and he’s finishing up a job now, you’re next."

The horror those words produced! It took me back to that God awful night...You’re next, it shouldn’t be long, the many phone calls...hours. The images were overwhelming.

"Ma’am?"

"Yeah, ok thanks." While hanging up the phone, my mind started reeling. Maybe I should call the other guy back and see if he is available now...But he said the guy was close, I’m next...What to do? I’ll wait it out for a few more minutes.

My son proceeds to tell me he’s getting hungry. “If you can figure out how to get that car open, you can eat anything you’d like!” He just went to his room.

20 minutes later, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hi. This is John with A-1 Locksmith."

"Hi John."

"I’m on my way. Where exactly are you?"

I gave him the info and he informs me it’ll be about 20 minutes.

"OK, Thanks John."

Another 20 minutes, I thought to myself. Everything will be ruined!

His estimate was accurate. He went straight to the task at hand and began trying to get into my car. It was a battle!

"These are -"

"Hard to get into. I know, I’ve been told that before."

We both laughed and I came back inside the house.

He got the door opened, I screamed Waahhoo and ran for my cigarettes! I’m quitting tomorrow. But part of what was in the car was my stop smoking program. I handed a very thawed, but still cold pizza to my son and told him to put it in the oven. I handed John the check and started unloading the rest of the groceries.

He finished his paperwork. I signed on the dotted line.

I then re-checked that I had the keys and locked the car back up. As soon as I walked through the door, I took that very expensive remote control thingy out of my purse and hung it on the key rack. At least this will not happen again in my own driveway!

Dinner is now ready, so I’m gonna go for now. What a week!
© Copyright 2004 Zaring (UN: ginafry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zaring has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/279598-What-is-the-deal-with-me-and-keys