*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/279495-I-Visit-the-Princess
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #800641
My book. Does it have any possiblities, or not?
#279495 added April 3, 2004 at 1:33am
Restrictions: None
I Visit the Princess
Mews, Human,


We lost our little friend Primmy many months ago, but we still miss her very much. Primmy’s parents gave us her journal. I spent the night at Shazon’s house, and we read it together. Primmy’s journal is quite different from ours. She didn’t write every day, but only on special occasions. But the wonderful thing about Primmy’s journal was the pictures. She drew pictures of all kinds of flowers. They were very beautiful, delicately colored, and filled with faeries. We laughed and we cried as we read the journal and looked at the pictures.

Losing Primmy is something that has changed both Shazon and I very much. Shazon is still as energetic as ever, and she still has to jump into everything with all four paws, but nowadays she seems much more serious. Now she says she wants to grow up and do work which will help others. I think this is a plan she will stick with.

I am quieter, and sometimes I just feel so sad. Mewma said I needed a change to cheer me up. I guess that is why when I received an invitation to tea from the Princess, that Mewma said I could go. I was very surprised to be invited, but Mewma said that it was because I had been chosen in the Hugs and Purrs Festival to honor our ancestors. Pawpa said it was because we were cousins, and he thought it was time I learned to ways of the Palace.

I was very excited to be going to the Palace. The invitation said I could bring two friends, so I invited Shazon to go with me, and my cousin Daenida. On the appointed day a beautiful white coach drawn by four grey horses came to pick us up. What fun it was to ride in the coach. It was much higher than our little wagon, and you could see ever such a long way around the countryside. Shazon and I were very nervous, but Daenida had been to the Palace many times, and said that the Princess and Prince were both quite nice.

When we arrived, the Princess herself came out to greet us. She was dressed in pale green satin lounging pajamas, embroidered with pink and white flowers, and she was so beautiful I could hardly take my eyes off of her. I had chosen to wear my lovely pale lavender dress that my Grandmew had helped me to make. I felt quite plain next to the Princess, but she complemented me on my dress, and I felt much better.

She gave us each a little hug, then led us to the garden where the tea would be served. The garden was absolutely beautiful. There was a large fountain in the center of the garden into which the water danced and tinkled in the sunlight. There were so many flowers I imagined that there must be one of each kind in the whole world. The tea table was set close to the pond where many large goldfish swam among the reeds and water hyacinths. Oh, human, I thought I could have stayed in that garden forever. I only wish my friend Primmy could have seen it.

My cousin Daenida helped pour the tea and serve us. There were Salmon Cakes, and coddled eggs, and toast with butter. There was a delicious marmalade catnip cake, decorated with orange frosting and flowers. And best of all there was Sugared Mouse Tails. The Prince came out to join us, and told us many jokes. He makes them up, and thinks he is quite funny. He soon had all of us laughing and joking, and we felt very much at ease. The Prince and the Princess are so nice, and so down-to-earth, you couldn’t help but like them.

At the end of the afternoon the Princess invited us to come back anytime, and then we were driven home in the same beautiful coach. It was a lovely day, and I look forward to visiting again.

Purrs,


© Copyright 2004 Cynaemon (UN: noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cynaemon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/279495-I-Visit-the-Princess