*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/279306-Saying-Goodbye-to-Primmy
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #800641
My book. Does it have any possiblities, or not?
#279306 added April 3, 2004 at 1:31am
Restrictions: None
Saying Goodbye to Primmy
Oh, Mews, Dear Human,

Sorrow of sorrows. I have cried and cried, and cried and cried. My dear little friends Primmy and Bastien have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. They left us within days of each other. I am so sad, I cannot stop crying.

Today we buried them together in a little grave under the bower where we played this summer. I can hardly believe it was only a few months ago that we had their pretend wed-winking. How happy we all were. I can still remember how beautiful they looked. I thought they looked like angels, and now they really are angels.

I remember the wonderful Purrday party Shazon and Primmy and I had. I have to laugh to think we all had such different ideas about celebrating the day. And we managed to do all of the things we loved best.

I will never forget the Mookruh Festival. I remember how I pushed Primmy in her wheelchair, and how Shazon ran ahead to see everything, then how she ran back to lay tiny gifts at Primmy’s paws. It was so good to see her smile that day. She seemed so tired.

She seemed tired often in the last year, but she never complained. She always had a tiny, sweet little smile on her furry face. I remember now that she often looked at things beyond us. It was like she was looking at a faraway land. And I guess she was. She was looking at the Rainbow Bridge. Mewma says that those who are getting ready to leave often have that look. But it seems so unfair that ones so young should have to leave. (Sniff). I feel as if my heart will break in two.

It seems like it was only yesterday that we all finished working on Primmy’s garden. She knew it was something she had to finish. If I had known she would leave so soon after it was done, I would never have helped. I would have dragged my paws until spring. Oh, I know that is silly, dear human. Of course I would have helped her. How could I not? But would it have made any difference? Would she have lived longer if she still had the work to do? I don’t know. Only Bastet can answer that question.

Mewma and Pawpa have tried hard to comfort me. They tell me I should remember that both Primmy and Bastien are now well and happy again. And that someday we must all follow them. And I do know that is true. It is just that I miss them both so much.

Today we layed them both so gently in their grave, with their paws touching each other. We left little gifts for them, balls and soft catnip mousies. All of our classmates tossed flowers into the grave. There was sage and rosemary and lavender, and tiny roses and primroses. I wish I could have filled the whole grave with primroses. How Primmy loved her flower, the beautiful little primrose. Her garden was full of them.

After we covered them over, Shazon and I helped plant miniature roses and primroses over the grave. They will be beautiful next spring. Then Shazon and I hugged each other and cried until our fur was soaked. How can we go on without our little friend? We three had promised to be friends forever. Mewma says that we can still all be friends. She says that I will always have Primmy and Bastien in my heart.

Mews, human, this has been a very hard and sad day. But I am going to try to remember all the good times we all had. And since I have you, I will always be able to look back and read about those times whenever I need to.

Thank you, human, for giving me a place to put all of my thoughts.



© Copyright 2004 Cynaemon (UN: noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cynaemon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/279306-Saying-Goodbye-to-Primmy