*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/290070-May-11th-entry-made-on-May-12--Saving-Time
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#290070 added May 12, 2004 at 11:46am
Restrictions: None
May 11th entry made on May 12- Saving Time
May 11th, 2004 entry made on May 12th, 2004

Okay, I now have my fresh cup of steaming hot coffee, and I have lit yet another cigarette. I will take several deep breaths, try to relax, and make a more productive entry to follow the last entry into this journal. Wish me luck!

To further assist me in my efforts to do a two-day catch-up job with these journal entries I decided it was definitely time to whip out the slow cooker, especially after it cost me $54.00 for last nights supper at a local, greasy spoon type, take-out bar-b-que establishment. Now, don’t get me wrong, the food is really, really good, but my brood just eats way too much, as evidenced by the cost of the quantity previously mentioned.

Today’s menu consist of an Easy Pork Loin Dinner recipe:

2- pork loins cut into 1-inch slices
2- large onions sliced
3- medium potatoes sliced, skin on
One (1)- can cream of celery soup
One half (1/2) cup of hot water
And seasoning to taste: black and white pepper, powdered garlic, and other herbs
(Optional: a can or two of sliced mushrooms layered between the potatoes and pork meat, fresh mushrooms do well too if you happen to have them on hand.)

Layer all ingredients in the slow cooker starting with the onion slices, then potato slices, and then the sliced pork loins. Season to taste. Mix the cream of celery soup (10 1/2 ounces) with ½ cup of hot water. Mix soup and water well. Pour soup mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker.

Set slow cooker on high for about 2 hours, and then re-set on low for 4 to 6 more hours. Do not stir or lift the slow cooker lid for any reason. Just trust me on this, okay?

If you’re in a really big hurry you may used a pre-mixed seasoning blend. It is possible to use the seasoning blend that come prepackaged in those McCormick Bag’n Season cook in a plastic bag in the oven type of stuff. I have, it is good, but it adds a little more to the food budget. There is no reason to feel bad about the small additional expense of using the Bag’n Season premixed spices compared to the time you save, as well as the money you save not using your big oven and heating up the house which would then require your air conditioner to work even harder.

Then serve over rice or pasta. Baby carrots and green beans make nice additional side items to serve with this Easy Pork Dinner. It is possible to use other types and cuts of meat in this recipe. It just so happens that my husband prefers pork loin, but pork chops work well, as does chicken,

Oh, be sure to save the cooking bags, you can certainly use the bags at another time with your own spice blend.
Now, that I have tonight’s supper taken care of I have most of the day left to do just exactly what I want to do.

I have an article in my portfolio called, “What’s for Dinner?” If you are the least bit unsure about how practical a slow cooker is, or if investing in a slow cooker is a good idea, then I can only suggest that you take some of your precious time to read my article as it just might help you understand why I am saying what I am saying. No, I do not have any stock in any of the company’s that make slow cookers, but I certainly wish I did.

Now, I am finished with the catch-up part of my Decathlon journal entries, now I just need to enter today’s entry and I will be back on track.


© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/290070-May-11th-entry-made-on-May-12--Saving-Time